PDA

View Full Version : Food & Wine Festival Favs?

beksy
08-07-2012, 02:42 PM
This year will be the first that I will be able to attend the Food and Wine Festival :party: and looking at the offerings is slightly overwhelming! So what are some of your favorites/must haves at the festival? For some background on me...I don't drink alcohol so the food part of the festival is what I am going for (although I do love virgin mixed drinks such as virgin strawberry daquiries if there is something like that available). I am an adventurous eater and don't mind spicy. However, I don't eat much fish except seafood like lobster and shrimp if its warm and crab meat that is warm or cold. I love desserts, especially chocolate. Thanks for any input! :tasty: :pizza:

SBETigg
08-07-2012, 04:12 PM
France was my favorite from last year, and they are offering the same this year. The escargot might not be for you, but the coq au vin with mac and cheese was delicious.

Mitzie
08-08-2012, 09:23 AM
Oh where to begin!!!!.. Last year we really enjoyed the pulled pork slider at Hawaii. I always get the pot stickers in China. DH always gets the lobster items at Hops and Barley. I liked my empenada from Argentina. DH gets the escargot in France. We split the perogi and sausage from Poland. DH likes the lamb chop from somewhere. I could go on and on. As far as chocolate goes..warm cake with Bailey's cream from Ireland...I could eat about 5 of those is one setting..

TheDuckRocks
08-08-2012, 10:11 AM
Absolute favorite = the waffle at the Belguim booth with beriies and whipped cream.:eat:

Mfarquar
08-08-2012, 01:56 PM
I second the waffle at Belgium!

I also love the pierogies and kielbasa in Poland.

Italy has never let me down with their offerings (and I'm pretty picky).

The cheese selection is also usually quite nice!

Enjoy!

Melanie
08-08-2012, 02:57 PM
The Hawaii kiosk, which was new last year, was a big hit with my family. My kids loved the pork slider and I love the tuna poke, but that may not be for you. I also highly recommend the Lobster and Seafood Fisherman's Pie in Ireland. So good, but better when it's not so hot out, because the dish is very warm. I also always enjoy the cheese plates from the Cheese kiosks. This year, I'm excited to try the Shrimp Ceviche from the new Florida Local kiosk.

Have fun! It's a great time of year to be at Epcot! :tasty:

Quadstriker
08-08-2012, 03:08 PM
bratwurst w/ pretzel bun in Germany

JerseyDad
08-08-2012, 04:53 PM
....as a recovering foodie (meaning: I just lost 41 lbs over the past 8 mos. :D)...I'd gladly put on 5lbs to get to the F&W this year! Traditionally...our WDW time of year was when F&W was going on...however...our daughter's school scheduling won't allow for it now....

....it's difficult to pick one item / country's offerings to put a "favorite" label on. We traditionally made it a point to eat & drink our way around the lagoon at least 3 separate times when we were there..as a substitute for a formal sit down meal.....

...in the past...I always made sure to stop in Canada for the Cheddar Cheese soup...with a Moosehead Beer

....France is a must do for the Escargot ...and a Sparkling Kir (they switch it up year to year)...it was made with Chambord one year...not sure what this years will be?

.....the assorted cheese plate in Ireland is a tasty accompaniment to a Guinness

....the offerings in Japan are usually very good...particularly if there is a spicy sushi roll of some sort. My wife is a sake` connoisseur...so it's a must that we stop there and sample their items.

....I recall trying some items a few years back when there was a kiosk for Chile...and was a bit unfamiliar with the dishes they had...but...wow was I surprised at just how tasty they were!

...that may be the key...try some things that you've never had before...and I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised.

(and isn't that sort of the idea of F&W festival...to expose you to different dishes from around the globe?)

phlo8810
08-08-2012, 07:10 PM
I like almost everything but the ones that I remember most were the escagot in france, the mussels in belgium and the fishermans pie in ireland. The mussels are the things that stood out far and away better than everything else.

Wolf
08-09-2012, 11:41 AM
France at F&W has the best Escargot I've ever had!! Also the Cosmo's there are fantastic!! Greece had something with shrimp last year we liked and um..I'm having issues remembering anything else...LOL