PDA

View Full Version : Golfing question<s>

Main Street Jim
08-07-2012, 10:30 AM
Planning to take my sister-in-law and her family down in about 2014. The husband is an avid golfer, so we were thinking about maybe getting him at least a round at one of the courses. Honestly, I don't know where to start with this...LOL...

How early in the day can you reserve tee times?

How far out (before your trip) can you reserve?

Any idea about how much this stuff runs? Golf cart, clubs, etc.?

If I recall, there's still the Palm and Magnolia courses, correct? Didn't Disney get rid of Osprey Ridge and Eagle Pines to build the new Golden Oaks Ranch or whatever it's called?

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-07-2012, 11:49 AM
My DD has started to golf this year, and is alreading asking to golf at Disney!

According to Disney, the golf course choices are: Disney's Magnolia Golf Course, Disney's Palm Golf Course, Disney's Osprey Ridge Golf Course, Disney's Lake Buena Vista Golf Course and Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course (9 hole walking course).

Details of the rates can be found on the disney site (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/golf/course-rates/), since it depends on time of day, and if you're staying at a resort hotel or not. Prices range from $45 - $145.

Rentals are available, and details can be found here. (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/golf/lessons-rentals/) Again, there are options as to type of clubs, and they even rent shoes! Club rentals are ~ $45.00

There are also specials for resort guests, like free club rental, and a special price for two rounds of golf.

From what I can tell, you can book tee-times, up to 90 days in advance at the Golf Disney (http://golfwdw.com/home/) link.

I know this will be something we do very soon in the future!

Ms. Mode
08-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Are you going to golf with him? ...

Main Street Jim
08-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Are you going to golf with him? ...Who? Me? LOL....I haven't swung a real golf club since PE in seventh grade...LOLOL

KAT1811
08-07-2012, 02:55 PM
The only thing I didn't see mentioned was the voucher for the cab to the golf course. The concierge will give you a voucher for a free cab ride to/from the course. Disney will also store your clubs for you if you are golfing more than once. No need to cart them back and forth each time. Carts come included with the price of the round of golf at each course except for Oak Trail since it is a walking course and no carts.

Enjoy!

Maleficent's Dad
08-07-2012, 08:42 PM
Jim,
First - I sent you a PM.

Lots of good information above. A few items of note...

1. There are LOTS of discounts available for WDW Golf. Some of these are available at the "last minute" if tee times aren't already filled. Not sure if you want to take that chance. Search far and wide for discounts (AP, DVC, etc..).

2. Last year, Arnold Palmer Management took over control of Disney's golf courses. Since then, tee times are available only 60 days out. They have implemented numerous changes - the most obvious is the condition of the courses, which has improved vastly.

3. Repeating what was said above: Disney will transfer you for free from any of their resorts to the course. They will also move your clubs from one course to another if you're playing different courses over your vacation.

4. Golfing at Disney is pretty cool - lots of wildlife on the courses. We have seen gators almost every time we've golfed there. Also have seen deer, foxes, snakes, turkeys, and vast varieties of bird species to name a few.

5. Eagle Pines closed in 2007. However, Osprey Ridge is still open. I will tell you, construction takes place close by to this course so noise can be a major factor. It's a shame as Osprey Ridge & Eagle Pines shared the best club house down there, and now it's a place to avoid.

6. Finding the "19th Hole" at Disney proves to be difficult. Shades of Green serves for Magnolia and Palm (not convenient), and SSR (namely, the Turf Club) serves Lake Buena Vista. Osprey Ridge is served by the Sand Trap, my personal favorite - dedicated to the golf course.

7. As far as I can determine, tee times begin at 7 A.M. Until 10 A.M., Disney usually charges a premium. After that, numerous discounts kick in.

8. Disney actually rents some decent clubs. Usually Titleist or Cobra sets, including Scotty Cameron Putters. Tell your buddy to bring his own balls, Disney charges a lot for these!

Good luck! Hope your buddy hits 'em straight & long! :golf: