PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay within the Carribean Beach Resort

JanJanM
08-07-2012, 07:00 AM
Hi everyone, I'm a complete newbie here and to WDW - planning our first family trip in Oct. We are staying at the BLT, but just added one night on (because flights were cheaper to fly in one day earlier). We picked the Carribean Beach Resort because we figured we could use this one day to lounge around the pool (not go to the parks). My question is where is the best place to stay within the Carribean? And can I request in before we get down there? I have two girls who will be 3.5 and just 5. They swim (with bubbles - is that OK??) Does each pool have a kiddie section? Thanks!

CzepielCrew
08-07-2012, 08:41 AM
When we stayed many years ago, we stayed in Trinidad North, building 32. It was close to the Center, close to a bus stop and the pool in that section was close to empty.

AgentC
08-07-2012, 09:07 AM
Did you already book your room? The buildings are grouped in Villages names after islands.

The rooms closest to the main area (food court, main pool, shopping) are Martinique and Trinidad North. These buildings are preferred so you have to pay extra and book that category.

For one day if you think you are going to use the main services, the preferred buildings are the best location. The other buildings will be a 5-10 minute walk. Each village has a quiet pool which is a standard pool. There are not kiddie pools in the villages but the quiet pools should be fine for a 3.5 & 5 yr old.

The main pool has a great kiddie area. It is a combination wading pool/fun zone with mini slides, dumping water, fountains etc. We were there in July and my 4 year old loved it. For regular swimming bubble are usually fine. At the main pool, they also have complementary life vests.

CBR is very pretty and you will have a great day there. :mickey:

Strmchsr
08-07-2012, 09:47 AM
:welcome: to Intercot!

The only thing I would add to what the others have said is to make sure your request (if you have one) of buildings is noted on your reservation. If you booked the trip through Disney just call and they'll take care of it for you. If you booked through a travel agent, your agent will need to make that request.

CBR is a great place and the pool is one of the best on property. There is a "quiet" pool in each section, but it does not have a kiddie pool. That is only in the main section. Another thing to be aware of - stay out of the lake. No swimming there. Disney has signs posted about that but I frequently see folks ignoring the signs. There's bacteria, gators, and other things you don't want in that lake, so make sure your kids, especially, don't go splashing about in it.

MNNHFLTX
08-07-2012, 10:41 AM
If you can spend a little extra, I would highly recommend booking one of the preferred buildings. I was there in May and stayed in Martinique building 25 and it was great--a short walk to the main buildings housing the food court and store, as well as the main swimming pool. We also lucked out and got a water view over the beach which was nice.

It does cost a little extra for the preferred buildings, but Caribbean Beach is slightly less expensive than the other moderates so it all balances out in the end, IMO.

brownie
08-07-2012, 10:46 AM
:welcome:

JanJanM, welcome to INTERCOT!

Ms. Mode
08-07-2012, 11:58 AM
Marinique Prefered View is WONDERFUL!

Ischyros
08-07-2012, 12:06 PM
I'm going to differ slightly. In the two times I've stayed at CBR, the time we stayed in the Aruba section was my favorite (Jamaica would be similar). It felt like more of a getaway when going to the main area because you took two pedestrian footbridges across the lagoon and a pathway across an island in the middle of the lagoon. Plus the island has some pathways and a nice out of the way picnic area to get away from the hustle and bustle of the rest of the resort.Then again, I'm the type of person that when going to a commuter college would park all the way across campus from the building my class was in so I could enjoy the nice walk to and from class.

Another plus was that the Aruba section was the second stop on the bus to the parks in the morning, meaning we were one of the first off one the way back at night and usually by the time the bus got to the last stop in the morning, it was standing room only. So we were glad we were one of the first stops. Of course the bus route may have changed since we stayed there as this was years ago so someone correct me if it has.

yourmagicalguide
08-07-2012, 01:47 PM
Welcome to INTERCOT! :party:

CBR is an awesome moderate resort with great island themeing, comfortable rooms, and a terrific food court and shop :thumbsup:

DH and I stayed in the village of Martinique - which is considered a preferred location since it's so close to the food court and main pool. Only the main pool has a kiddie section, so you will probably spend most of your time there.

Even if your room isn't located in a preferred location, CBR has an internal bus you and your family can use to get to the main pool within minutes versus walking.

If you want to save some money, reserve a regular room, put in a request for a room in either Martinique or Trinidad North, and see if it's available when you get there. If it's not, then just use the internal bus or enjoy the scenic and relaxing walk along the lake.

Best wishes :mickey:

BIGDOG
08-07-2012, 04:06 PM
One night at the CBR and you'll be changing the other reservation from the BLT to CBR.
Martinique 25 is the best

MNNHFLTX
08-07-2012, 04:31 PM
One night at the CBR and you'll be changing the other reservation from the BLT to CBR.
Martinique 25 is the best
I can't say that I agree with that. Bay Lake Tower is a very, very nice place to stay, with a totally different ambiance than the Caribbean Beach Resort. Like comparing apples and oranges, IMO.

CleveRocks
08-07-2012, 06:28 PM
If you pay for and reserve preferred location, request Trinidad North 31 because it's the closest guest building to the main pool.

buzznwoodysmom
08-07-2012, 10:37 PM
We just spent 3 nights in a preferred room at CBR about a week ago. We were in building 25, ground floor, in Martinque, and loved the location. We were a very short walk to the main pool, food court, gift shop, and bus stop. We were also a very short walk to the parking lot where our vehicle was parked. And we were just a few steps to the quiet pool, and also not very far from two different beaches. We actually used the Old Port Royal bus stop since it was a closer walk to our room. We were always among the first few stops so there was always plenty of room to sit.

BIGDOG
08-08-2012, 03:40 PM
I can't say that I agree with that. Bay Lake Tower is a very, very nice place to stay, with a totally different ambiance than the Caribbean Beach Resort. Like comparing apples and oranges, IMO.

I'm sure it is different and much nicer, but I'd rather eat a 175.00 per night apple than a 515.00 per night orange, IMO

RAIDER
08-13-2012, 10:31 AM
I loved Barbados as it was near the entrance and the private pool was far quieter. Ive stayed there 3 times and they were at Barbados ,Trinidad and Jamacia ... Jamacia is a good place if you want to be near Port Royale

Tinkerbella16
08-13-2012, 05:38 PM
When we stayed there we were in Jamaica years ago and it wasn't bad at all.. but we also don't mind the walking! CBR is a pretty spread out resort, so the preferred buildings would probably be nice if you want to be close to everything. :mickey:

Gator
08-13-2012, 08:44 PM
We stayed at Martinique and really like the location to Port Royale and the bus stop. It's a preferred room that we were upgraded to, but I'd spend money to stay that close to center.

Lindsey310
08-13-2012, 09:16 PM
When we stayed at Caribbean beach, we stayed in martinique. It was close to the main eating area and main pool. Not sure what else is around there in terms of building names. Worth it to pay the extra for this building because it is a very large resort. :mickey:

16 days!!! Whoo hoo!!!!!! :joy:

mdricks
08-13-2012, 10:23 PM
Another vote for Jamiaca. Dont have to pay extra, a nice short wlak across the lake to the main pool and it (used to be??) the first on first off bus stop.

:number1:

CleveRocks
08-17-2012, 09:25 PM
Here's the deal on Jamaica (and Aruba, for that matter). Yes, Jamaica 45 is one of the closest non-preferred buildings to Old Port Royale (along with Aruba 51 and Martinique 22). However, it's a big mistake to think this means that all of Jamaica is a short walk to Old Port Royale.

Jamaica 41 is THE farthest walk to Old Port Royale of all the non-Pirate guest buildings in the entire resort. THE farthest. Aruba 56 is a very close second.

In other words, Jamaica is a mixed bag. Building 45 is as close as you can get to OPR, but Building 41 is as far as you can get from OPR.