PDA

View Full Version : Keeping pins on the lanyard

WDW&MK
08-07-2012, 06:49 AM
We leave for WDW next month. Last year was the first year that I really had problems with pins falling off of my lanyard as we were walking around the parks. I always use the black mickey-head pin backs. Any other suggestions? :confused: I almost lost a few last year. One I accidentally stepped on and it hooked into my tennie shoe - which was lucky because I didn't even realize it had fallen off.

VWL Mom
08-07-2012, 07:06 AM
They do sell other backs which are short metal tubes that lock on with a small key (looks like an allen wrench). Easy to lock and unlock.

CosmicRay
08-07-2012, 10:41 AM
I asked that same question last year, many told me about the locking backs. Others said they are some what of a problem if you are planning on trading them.

I remember having pins when I was younger that had metal backs with a butterfly type clasp. They lock in place when you put them on and you press the clasps to release.

I found some at a craft store it was like 6 backs for $3.00. But DH found some online on a crafting site where it was something like 12 backs for $1.00.

We went this past February and the backs stayed on securely.