PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Party Costume

EeyoresBestFriend
08-06-2012, 07:21 PM
Moderators, I apologize if this is in the wrong spot ~ didn't know where else to post.

We are planning on going as ghosts to MNNSHP ~ are we allowed to wear pale face makeup? I remember seeing alot of Jack Sparrows and a Beetlejuice with face makeup so I think we're okay, but thought I'd see if anyone has had any issues . . . . .

43 more sleeps!!! :cloud9:

faline
08-06-2012, 07:36 PM
I don't think pale face makeup would be a problem. They don't let you wear things that obstruct your vision as a mask might but makeup shouldn't be an issue as long as it is tastefully done.

mom2morgan
08-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Hitch-hiking onto this thread - I REALLY need an idea that is super easy. I am not good at costumes but don't want to be a total spoilsport. My daughter is going as Merida (because she already had the hair for it, LOL) so I had considered Eleanor, but can't find anything that looks the part.

Wolf
08-09-2012, 11:55 AM
At Dragoncon last year I saw three PERFECT hitchhiking ghosts it was AMAZING!! I'd go for it! It will be cute! In previous years me and Moma Wolf have been pirates, gypsies, Tigger and Pooh and last year I was Lucky from 101 dalmations and she was the Honey Badger (Not the football guy the internet vid)

Morgan's Mom- Look at party city for a Renasance lady dress and do it up with accessories.

cuteduck223
08-09-2012, 01:34 PM
[I]43 more sleeps!!! :cloud9:

Us too!! We arrive the 21st--and are going on the 25th...and have NO idea for costumes! It's 6 adults and 1 little princess (who is torn between cinderella and rapunzel).:blush:

SurferStitch
08-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Yeah, face paint is fine. Just keep in mind that you may get a hot, humid night. A lot of face paint may feel icky, or can run. Make sure you wear a good primer foundation to keep the makeup "sticking" in place well. Also, dusting the makeup with a translucent or clear oil-absorbing powder will give it more staying power, too.

Okay.... my hijack....I'm going as Tink again, but I am getting the most AMAZING custom wings made. They are expensive, but worth every penny. I'm also jazzing up my Tink dress with hundreds (thousands?) of Swarovski crystals to make it look like it's wrapped in swirls of pixie dust. Gotta get crackin'!

I might try to make a Phineas costume for DH. He can't stand big, hot costumes, so this would be perfect for him. He almost died from the heat in his Hook costume last time.