PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Caribbean Closing For One Day

DizneyFreak2002
08-06-2012, 05:51 PM
Just a heads up to those who may be heading down during this time... PotC will be closed for one day, October 9th for some sort of refurbishment... Not sure what they are doing... Maybe finishing work on the queue... Maybe adding mermaids (yes, they have been planning to ad in mermaids to the ride, but so far they haven't)... Either way, will only be closed one day...

Christine
08-06-2012, 06:28 PM
Hmmm. I'll add oct 10 to my calendar and go see! Enquiring minds want to know! ;)

DizneyFreak2002
08-06-2012, 06:36 PM
Hmmm. I'll add oct 10 to my calendar and go see! Enquiring minds want to know! ;)

And please report back, especially if the queue winds up with interactive elements... Or if the mermaids are indeed being added (which I have a feeling they aren't)...

DizneyRox
08-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Maybe they are replacing the missing Jack Sparrow... Yeah right....

DizneyFreak2002
08-06-2012, 07:09 PM

Replacing him with Will and Elizabeth... (joking, these characters aren't being added, hopefully)...

Scar
08-06-2012, 07:34 PM
Not much can be done in 36 hours. My guess is they're going to drain the water, clean any debris, and refill.

badkitty
08-07-2012, 05:39 PM

Where was Jack missing?

Christine
10-10-2012, 09:13 PM
Pirates reopened today. I went after work to see- NOTHING new!

Afterwards I asked a CM "why was this down yesterday?" and he said "we put in a new feature, but it's having technical difficulties."

I said "so? Is it mermaids?"

He said yes. I'll go back Friday before our Ohana ADR if possible and get pictures!

Christine
10-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Tried again today. Still not working. CM said the mermaids are NOT cooperating! :(

Lindsey310
10-11-2012, 05:57 PM
Pirates reopened today. I went after work to see- NOTHING new!

Afterwards I asked a CM "why was this down yesterday?" and he said "we put in a new feature, but it's having technical difficulties."

I said "so? Is it mermaids?"

He said yes. I'll go back Friday before our Ohana ADR if possible and get pictures!

You are so lucky you get to check out everything that is new! I love seeing pics of the new rides/merchandise you post, brings me back to the magic!!! :pixie: