PDA

View Full Version : POR or POFQ or some other mod

famlovesdisney
08-06-2012, 03:46 PM
My family (myself, DH, DS 7, DD 5) are planning a trip for December. We have stayed at POR pre reno and really loved it. On our last trip in April we stayed at POP and thought it was great too, but not as great as POR. For our upcoming trip we are thinking of staying at POR once again since the reno is now complete. But...we also like trying new places. What would you all recommend? POR or go with POFQ or one of the other moderates.

Itchy
08-06-2012, 04:52 PM
I have not stayed at French Quarter but have stayed at Riverside.

French Quarter is smaller and from everything I read maybe a resort I would like to try in the future.

I have stayed at the Caribbean Beach resort in the past many years ago. It is a nice resort but is very large. You maybe required to walk a long way to the food court depending on where you end up. Busses can be a problem that you would not have at the French Quarter or Riverside.

At the French Quarter or Riverside as you know you have the boat launch to DTD that is a plus.

I have no info on Coronado Springs other than it is a conference center as well.

Have fun planning and hope this helps..:mickey:

E-OR
08-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Our family loves POFQ. Have stayed there many times. The small resort, food court, pool, and boat to DD appeals to us. You still have access to all the amenities at POR too.

Melanie
08-06-2012, 05:36 PM
Love POR (especially post renovations), love Coronado Springs (simply gorgeous), like Caribbean Beach (fun theming) and dislike French Quarter (many complaints from me). You'll get different replies from everyone...just depends on what appeals to you and your family. What are you looking for? Is resort size important to you? Distance to DTD? Nice pool?

big blue and hairy
08-06-2012, 07:06 PM
Different relpies is right. Funny how widely opinions vary. For me I would put POFQ #1 Coronado Springs #2, and Carribean Beach and POR tied for last.

:sulley:

Gator
08-07-2012, 12:16 AM
Haven't tried FQ, though I'll be there in Dec. But I really love Coronado. It's so beautiful and the bus system is really good. Plus a top rated pool! I'd be there again, but the free dining plan was only at Port Orleans, and I had no intention of ever going back to Riverside. Thought I'd love that place and ended up not liking it. In fact, I put that one down with the AllStars.

azcavalier
08-07-2012, 09:11 AM
I think that POR has the best food court of the mods. Coronado Springs is definitely beautiful...love the architecture. The pool is neat as well, but my kids like the POR pool because of the waterfalls that you can play under.

We've never stayed at POFQ or CBR, but I've snuck into the POFQ food court to order beignets. Mmmm....

gigi
08-07-2012, 10:49 AM
I vote for POR. We have stayed there twice. Which side of the resort have you stayed on before? Beauty of this resort is the Bayou section has completely different feel than Mansions. Switching it up will let you feel like you are at a different resort. We have stayed at CB but is too big. Did not love it. Good luck.

darthmacho
08-07-2012, 11:09 AM
The decision to do what you love or try something new is always a tough question, especially with resorts and restaurants.

I love all of the moderates, but Port Orleans Riverside is my favorite. I love Boatwright's Riverside Mill, the pool, the store, the arcade, the horse and carriage rides, the boat to Downtown Disney, and the fabulous overall theming f the resort. I loved getting up early and taking walks.

Good luck deciding! :mickey:

#1donaldfan
08-07-2012, 11:57 AM
I have stayed at Riverside so many times and have only visited FQ. I would choose Riverside over the FQ only in that Riverside seems much more relaxed, shaded and there are so many different quite pools to choose from. You say you wanted advice on other mods, which I don't, but I would love to say we had the most amazing stay this July at the AKL and I am hooked !! Although I love Riverside, I will never be satisfied with any resort other than AKL from now on......I have plans on going back Thanksgiving week, or maybe January !!! I am spoiled !!! :mickey:

famlovesdisney
08-07-2012, 01:05 PM
Thanks for all the great advice! We have stayed in the alligator bayou section of POR. Loved it! The mansions look beautiful as well. I would love to stay AKL on our next trip, but the budget will not allow it. Darn budgets! :mad: But this will be our second trip this year so I guess I shouldn't be too upset! I think we have decided to stay at either POR or POFQ. It basically came down to the boat to DTD. My kids love that and requested that we be able to do that again. Obviously we can't go wrong with our decision- it's Disney after all! :mickey:

joonyer
08-07-2012, 01:10 PM
Kids will love the Coronado Springs pool area!

yourmagicalguide
08-07-2012, 01:25 PM
We have stayed in the alligator bayou section of POR. Loved it! The mansions look beautiful as well. [...] I think we have decided to stay at either POR or POFQ. It basically came down to the boat to DTD. My kids love that and requested that we be able to do that again.

On our last trip, DH and I stayed at POR in a Mansion room and loved it! I have to agree that the boat to DTD is a very nice perk. :thumbsup:

POFQ didn't really appeal to DH or me when booking our last trip, because the themeing just didn't seem as good as POR. It's totally up to you and your family's tastes, though.

Let me just throw out there that CBR is awesome! Even though it's a larger resort, they have an internal bus that can take you to the food court within minutes if your room is a far walk. We loved our room (Nemo-themed), the food court had tons of variety and everything we got was tasty, and walking along the lake was so relaxing and scenic. We would definitely stay there again versus staying at POFQ.

Best wishes :mickey: