PDA

View Full Version : Yacht Club Sink Area???

KAT1811
08-06-2012, 08:19 AM
Do you think that a tension rod would be large enough to "enclose" the bathing area at the Yacht Club? We like to get up early and get ready before the children get up and I would hate for the lighting to wake them. I was thinking that I may bring a tension rod and shower curtain to block off the sink area so they can sleep longer. Anyone think this may or may not work?

Itchy
08-06-2012, 08:54 AM
I believe it would hold ok. I cant believe that they do not have a privacy curtain at the Yacht Club as the values and moderate resorts have them.

I would check to see that they have them before I would take your own.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

BrerGnat
08-06-2012, 09:11 AM
Unless you plan to mount the tension rod WAY up at the top of the wall by the ceiling, it won't make a bit of difference.

I wouldn't bother with that.

The YC has a wall along the bed that mostly closes off the vanity area from the rest of the room. Put the kids to bed in the bed closest to the bathroom and they won't even notice any light. It's not like at the Values/Moderates where the vanity area faces into the room. At the YC, it's sort of in a corner.

OR, just use the light inside the tub/shower portion. Crack the door only as much as you need.

AgentC
08-06-2012, 09:17 AM
Unless you plan to mount the tension rod WAY up at the top of the wall by the ceiling, it won't make a bit of difference.

I wouldn't bother with that.

The YC has a wall along the bed that mostly closes off the vanity area from the rest of the room. Put the kids to bed in the bed closest to the bathroom and they won't even notice any light. It's not like at the Values/Moderates where the vanity area faces into the room. At the YC, it's sort of in a corner.

OR, just use the light inside the tub/shower portion. Crack the door only as much as you need.

I agree. Each time we have stayed at the Yacht Club, the vanity has been along the entrance hall and it is set back. I have not had a problem with the light reaching the kids bed.

KAT1811
08-06-2012, 09:22 AM
I would rather put one child in each bed so that my mother and I have a little more wiggle room. This is out annual girls trip so it would be my mother and I and my 3 youngest children. (our oldest DD16 will be in California on a school trip) We will have the little one (4) on the day bed and I want to keep it as dark as possible for as long as I can. We stayed at the Beach Club before so I understand the set up but still wanted it a little closed off. The Poly was great set up wise last year with the completely separate bathing area but we weren't a fan of the resort as a whole. I plan to mount the rod high so that if any light spills out it is at the bottom. I need the full light to get ready. I'm totally comfortable confessing to being a bit of a diva. My hair is always perfectly coiffed. (As are the children's even little man with his "cool dude" hair) :blush: