PDA

View Full Version : Ideas on what to do with a 19-month old

jenperich
08-05-2012, 10:05 PM
We're planning a trip for Oct 2013 with our then-19-month old son. What are some ideas on what to do with him. We've both been a bunch of times, so we're up for anything. We'll most likely be staying at BlT. Any ideas would be great. TIA!

CosmicRay
08-05-2012, 11:51 PM
I've traveled with my four children some when they were 6 months old, but all have gone around 2 years. And here's some of the things I remember they loved:

- Disney Junior show
- Play in your resort kiddie pool
- Play at the splash pad area at Epcot
- Remember where all the Baby Care centers are at each park it comes in handy!
- Introduce your child to the duffy bear story. It comes on in the evenings on your TV in the room for a few hours at night. And then take your child to see Duffy bear at Epcot.
- A life saver for me a few trips ago, was that I bought a smaller sized Vinalmation bag that was letter carrier/ across the body type bag. It was perfect for me to carry Pull-Ups, a small package of wipes, two sippy cups and some first aid type needs. And when I went through security, I just had to unzip the one pocket instead of the three - four zippers on my other diaper bag.

Pirate Granny
08-06-2012, 07:18 AM
Lion King and Nemo shows...Littlr Mermaid too. The playgrounds at the studios and AK bone yard.

Itchy
08-06-2012, 09:02 AM
I took my grand daughter to Crystal Palace for dinner when she was 18 months old. She was sitting there quietly and looking around, when all of a sudden she saw Pigglet about half way across the room. Her eyes got big and was so excited and that was only the start. When each character came by she had to give each one a big hug and kiss.

It was one of the memories that I will remember for ever. It made the whole trip.

Oh! dont forget Dumbo and the other kiddie rides.

Take your camera for sure..:mickey:

KAT1811
08-06-2012, 03:10 PM
I have taken all four of my children at just about every age the youngest at 8 months for 18 days. Technically our youngest visit was 3 months but that was only a quick stop for one day to outrun a snowstorm. We found that our children enjoyed everything in Disney. They found things to focus on in every ride and enjoyed pretty much everything. We did everything we normally did and they always had a blast. We would save the rides they couldn't do for nap time (they always crashed in the stroller).

Baby Swap is great for parents traveling with a small child.

I always bring an oversized sunshade as the Florida sun is brutal

I also bring clip on fans for the stroller to keep the air circulating during nap time.

Playhouse Disney can be tough with a little one sincer you are seated on the floor and little ones like to walk around but really can't. I always tried to sit where I could make a quick exit if need be. Luckily I never had to but always wanted to be prepared.

Have a blast!!!