PDA

View Full Version : Buffet all u can eat

Crow
08-05-2012, 02:22 PM
ill b using TIW discount and these are the choices
Garden Grill. ate here before and liked it
Boma. ate here, last time didnt seem as good
Ohana. never tried. always seems busy
Trails End. ate here for lunch buffet, but no more lunch buffet so it would have to b dinner. liked it
Hoop de do. never tried. the most exp option..
any recent feedback on these places..id say which 2

I LoveJack
08-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Ohana's is the only one we have ate at, but it was great food. They give you so much that it feels like they need to roll you out the door when you are done. LOL Next trip we are staying at the Poly when we eat there so I can just go to room and die. LOL

TinkerbellT421
08-05-2012, 02:56 PM
'Ohana is a must do for us every trip. Food is great, service excellent, great atmosphere, lots of fun. Love it!

steamboat willy
08-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Ohana & Hoop Da Doo Me Too!

Kairi_7378
08-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Are you going to be eating with your friend that prefers beef and buffets? If so, I'd suggest O'hana but I am not sure what your chances of getting a table there this close to your trip will be. I also voted for Garden Grill because it seems that they have things that are out of the norm.

darthmacho
08-05-2012, 03:40 PM
I'm doing the first three options on our next trip. If I had to choose just two of them, I'd go with Ohana and Garden Grill because I haven't had dinner at either yet, but Boma is an awesome choice too.

retiredfigment
08-05-2012, 04:07 PM
I like Trails End. Especially when not on Dining Plan. Sometimes you just want good, plain picnic food.

CosmicRay
08-05-2012, 04:13 PM
We used to like GG, but they changed it menu. The atmosphere was relaxing and fun.

We've done TEB and HDD and enjoy the food and of course the show was so much fun at the HDD.

We've looked over the menus at Ohana and Boma and don't see many foods that we think we would enjoy. I do plan to make my way over there someday though just to try it out. But I'll have to persuade DH.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Garden Grill and Hoop Dee Doo are two of our favourites and I would highly recommend both of them!

Pop Centurion
08-05-2012, 05:46 PM
'Ohana & Boma are my two of my favorite TS restaurants even including non-buffet.

Crow
08-05-2012, 06:36 PM
yes i think GG, Ohanas would give him things to eat..idk if he would go w HDD price..maybe w the discount. If he wasnt around id eat AP, CG,etc, esp if my GF went..but she likes chicken fingers and mexican too. i just had to educate her that Taco Bell isnt mexican...
If we do Ohana, wouldnt eat at Kona this trip..
same if we did HDD wouldnt do TEB or vice versa.the other thing to consider is TIW discount is only good on the late show at HDD.
and i liked GG, but i eat a lot in Epcot..keep the thoughts coming..

Tri Minnie
08-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Boma is a favorite of our family. I could make a meal out of the delicious soups and fantastic desserts.

MaterializedHaunt
08-06-2012, 12:12 AM
O'hana & Trails End. Even though I am very very upset that Disney took away Trail's End for lunch! Petition anyone? :thumbsup:

Hull-onian
08-06-2012, 09:52 AM
Cape May Cafe.....That is our most favorite buffet......so many choices for everyone.....and the Flan for dessert is great.....worth the trip to the Beach and Yacht Club......

Crow
08-06-2012, 11:28 AM
O'hana & Trails End. Even though I am very very upset that Disney took away Trail's End for lunch! Petition anyone? :thumbsup:

Id sign that petition..after they turned Akershus into a princess party (ok im not against princesses but the all u can eat Hot and Kold bort is gone and i dont feel comfortable eating there unless w my gf) i found Trails End buffet for lunch, good value...now its gone.

Gator
08-07-2012, 12:21 AM
If there was a "none of the above option", I would've taken that one. I guess the best of these is Boma, but you'll have to be in an adventurous mood.

Crow
08-07-2012, 12:15 PM
If there was a "none of the above option", I would've taken that one. I guess the best of these is Boma, but you'll have to be in an adventurous mood.

is this from personal experience. id rather eat at TS places as i feel the food is fresher, but i have to give in some.
looks like GG is popular, i cant find ADR for that wk. hm. maybe i will end up at Cape May since its reopened.

Wolf
08-07-2012, 02:23 PM
Ohana is my favorite resturant on property, those chicken wings inspire poetry! :cloud9:

Crow
08-07-2012, 07:16 PM
ok so 2 wks out, i figured i couldnt get ADR for some places...no Ohana, but no Garden Grill avail...wow. i did get Cape may for one of the nights. will b first time there. even w TIW still gonna b around $30. so might b only buffet. unless i try HDD or CS place..

TinkerbellT421
08-07-2012, 08:39 PM
ok so 2 wks out, i figured i couldnt get ADR for some places...no Ohana, but no Garden Grill avail...wow. i did get Cape may for one of the nights. will b first time there. even w TIW still gonna b around $30. so might b only buffet. unless i try HDD or CS place..

Keep trying for Ohana, and can always check the day of, we have done that before and were able to get a slot due to cancellations. That's if you really want to try it.

Crow
08-07-2012, 10:51 PM
Ill keep checking.
wonder how the lunch buffet at CS is..

Crow
08-08-2012, 11:33 PM
still no ohana or garden grill
well looks like just Cape May so far...

Maleficent's Dad
08-09-2012, 07:25 AM
I'm not huge with buffets (mass produced food for the masses), so keep that in mind.

'Ohana doesn't do it for us. Others obviously love it, however. Lots of meat.

We love the HDDMR, but you're paying for the show. The food is fine, but nothing to get overly excited about. (That said, we're repeat visitors to the dinner-show.)

GG and Boma are decent choices, although Boma has lost a step in the past few years, IMO.

We do enjoy Cape May. It's one of the "calmer" character meals. Some say it lacks character (music isn't blaring, no coconut races!), but we have found it a pleasant experience. If you go for dinner, no characters. They vary the seafood choices depending on the night you go.

Crow
08-09-2012, 12:47 PM
yea im not as much into buffets due to the mass production. and i never did ohanas due to it being busy and coconuts..lol. WCC all u can eat didnt impress me either. depends on who i am w too, as some of the places are characters.. GG actually was decent and the characters didnt intrude long if you didnt want it. Cape May, will see how it is in 2 wks, im a little concerned w buffet seafood, but hope its good.
I agree w Boma, didnt seem as good last time but its been a few yrs, so idk if ill try again.
plus being less than 2 wks, some of the choices are slim

DisneyDawgette
08-09-2012, 11:35 PM
Ohana & Hoop Da Doo Me Too!

Ditto! :D

Crow
08-10-2012, 12:12 AM
Boma beating HDD wow..
well it looks like no Ohana or GG available. so might have to go w one of those

Silver_Surfer
08-10-2012, 02:10 AM
Garden Grill :D

alongfortheride
08-12-2012, 02:20 AM
Ohana is our fav restaurant on property period. If you want to try it, and are adventurous, here's the plan that has worked for us almost every time...
Be there in the no-reservation line by 4:30. You'll have to wait about an hour, but IMO it's worth it. At ~5:30, they'll fill in all the cancellation slots they think they'll have. (Currently, the are not taking any walk-ups after this 5:30 selection) Unless they're very busy, they usually take a lot of the people in the wait line (if they're really busy, they may only take a couple of tables). Now for the adventurous part...depending on your group size, talk to the people in front and behind you and see if they're willing to join up to get a table. They fill the tables by party size, not by the order you are in line, so if you have 2-3 people in your party, and are 1st in line, but they don't have any small tables open, they'll take larger parties behind you. Be prepared to make your small party a large party if needed (Or break a large party into small parties). Figure this out before the host/hostess comes by for counts. Tell them your party size, but let them know your alternate party sizes as well. It sounds strange, but we've done it many times, and met some very nice people along the way. My wife actually stays in touch with several of them still. If you get there early, and are flexible, you should be able to get in.

Crow
08-12-2012, 02:15 PM
hmm that sounds like a good idea, for some. i prefer not being seated w others though, one of the things idl about Biergarten.. might stand in the no reserve line, i guess can always hit Kona if cant get in..
still nothing for GG, Ohana available.
got Cape May, so may go w either HDD or Boma..tryin to keep the cost down though.

RAIDER
08-13-2012, 10:44 AM
Ohanna i agree foods great and fantastic atmosphere ,but can i add Cape May in there as well as its excellent :thumbsup:
Boma is the one on that list i wouldnt go too again

Crow
08-13-2012, 01:46 PM
might try the suggestion to stand in line w no reserve at Ohana and see if get in. if not go to Kona or across the street to SOG, they have a buffet that doesnt cost as much

Crow
08-13-2012, 10:54 PM
garden grill finally opened up.
so got Cape May thursday of next wk, and GG Sunday 26th

mydisneygirls
08-14-2012, 10:09 AM
Another vote for O'Hana and Hoop Dee Doo. Like someone said, the food is not 5 star (it's good though) but it's worth going to for the entertainment. We skip GG always...never liked it. Keep checking ADR's right up until you go. People make multiple reservations and then free them up a few days before.

Crow
08-18-2012, 12:46 PM
at the moment i got Cape May & Garden Grill..
now off the off chance my gf does make it down, shes not a big eater and not much seafood, so Im wondering if she would like CM.

disneymom2000
08-20-2012, 05:11 PM
I love Boma. It is pretty authentic and it just seems healthy. I am going to try the Garden Grill on my next trip to see what it is all about.

Checkers
08-20-2012, 05:37 PM
I voted for Ohana & HDD but our favorite buffet is Cape May Cafe for dinner. Although it has seafood choices, it also has chicken and beef as well. I don't think you will be disappointed. I am not a big fan of buffets because I am not a big eater but I do like Cape May. We will be there in early Oct. and it is our first night dinner. Have a great time!