PDA

View Full Version : What Is Tables In Wonderland?

AllDisney
08-04-2012, 05:01 PM
What is this? How does one get/apply for it? Cost? Is it worth it?

I've seen it mentioned before but not clear, at all, what this is all about?

AgentC
08-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Tables in Wonderland is a discount dining card available to annual passholders for $75 and FL residents for $100. It gives 20% off table service meals including alcohol. It gives 20% off counter service in resort such as POP where there is no table service and all at Flame Tree Barbecue at AK.

An 18% gratuity is automatically added whenever you used the TIW card. Here is a list of participating restaurants. TIW (http://intercot.com/infocentral/dining/dde.asp)

I have had the card for 2 years and it really pays off for my family.

Crow
08-04-2012, 05:28 PM
i had it once few yrs ago when i had AP, then i swore off AP for a while
this trip i got AP again, and got TIW. the 20% off includes:beer::marg: which is good, just dont like the tip automatically added..i usually tip that much, but if servers know..
depends on how much you are going to eat at WDW..its mainly at TS places, except for the resorts that dont have a TS. so if you eat mainly at CS it might not b as good. and its discounted if u have an AP, which is another reason i got it.
I used it in June and figured i would next yr before it expires, but now i have an unexpected trip in a few wks so ill use it then too

faline
08-04-2012, 05:34 PM
We've gotten annual passes 3-4 times now and Tables in Wonderland 2-3 times. It is totally worth it to us. Since we typically tip 20% - the automatic 18% is actually a savings!! Since it discounts food and drinks by 20%, it's like getting the tip for free (and then some).

For us, this is a much better deal than free dining!

DizneyRox
08-04-2012, 05:34 PM
We are normally AP holders and just the few of us can make the card pay for itself in just a couple two/three meals. We used to do 10+ day trips and time them less than a year apart and the saving is tremendous.

The 18% surcharge is only added to TS locations. We are normally pretty big tippers so we see a good saving on the tips too. For example, on a $100 bill, we are out the door at $98, normally we would be closer to $130! That's just one meal!

mdricks
08-04-2012, 05:52 PM
If you have and AP and are a foodie its a must. You get your $$ back quick. Its even better if you are a foodie and prone to high bar tabs :blush:. It pays for itself in one 3 day weekend with the boyze at food and wine. :marg::beer:

:number1:

Maleficent's Dad
08-04-2012, 07:37 PM
It's also available to DVC Members for $100. AP holders get it cheapest at $75 (as previously posted).

spinnerf
08-04-2012, 07:48 PM
I agree TIW is terrific savings, better than DDP because you eat what you want, no guilt over not eating all your snacks etc and in the end it just works out better in my opinion.

Melanie
08-04-2012, 07:53 PM
It's a great deal for AP holders, DVC members and Florida residents. We use ours all the time! Such a savings and really worth it if you like an adult beverage here and there.

One word of caution if you do indeed purchase the card - hold on to it! If you lose it, it's $50 to replace. No exceptions! I've never understood why they can't just void the lost card and issue a new one, but they don't.

Urbss
08-06-2012, 06:28 PM
Are there any savings using this card for adult beverages in WS? I'm not talking TS or QS locations. I love to go to the "wine store" in France and Italy and would like to know if the TIW card works in these places as well.

Thanks,
Tom

Melanie
08-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Are there any savings using this card for adult beverages in WS? I'm not talking TS or QS locations. I love to go to the "wine store" in France and Italy and would like to know if the TIW card works in these places as well.

Thanks,
Tom

No, I'm fairly certain it has to be from a place you are actually served. I don't think it works with the wine tastings in say Italy or Germany. Anyone ever tried?

big blue and hairy
08-06-2012, 07:18 PM
Don't like the tip automatically added..i usually tip that much, but if servers know..

Why do they need to know? Give it to them at the end.

:sulley:

TinkerbellT421
08-06-2012, 07:42 PM

Agreed, we never told anyone we had it till the end. Doesn't matter if you tell them at the beginning or end because only a manager can put the TiW in anyway so it doesn't save any time telling them at the beginning. And the times they might have asked us and we said yes we never received any worse service by telling them.

spinnerf
08-06-2012, 09:48 PM

Agreed, I always present my card at then end of the meal.

AllDisney
08-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Thanks everyone for the great responses:mickey:

I just may have to look into this:blush:

Crow
08-07-2012, 12:16 PM
No, I'm fairly certain it has to be from a place you are actually served. I don't think it works with the wine tastings in say Italy or Germany. Anyone ever tried?

i wish it did..id b all over that!!

dmallan
08-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Just an added note...only one person in your party needs to have the card, and it is good for up to 10 dining guests.

azcavalier
08-08-2012, 09:56 AM
Awesome, we're going to buy APs at the end of our trip this November, as it will save us money on our next trip (or two) in 2013. I wasn't planning on getting the DDP for the April trip. This sounds like a great idea!