PDA

View Full Version : Boatwrights?

rafiki fan
08-03-2012, 10:13 PM
We have stayed at POFQ and POR many times but have never eaten at Boatwrights. What is your opinion and do you have a favorite dish? Thanks in advance for your insights:mickey:

MaterializedHaunt
08-03-2012, 11:32 PM
I have not eaten there since I was a kid. And if your taking kids with you then this will be semi-helping I hope. I remember they it was very cool looking and the setting of the restaurant was very much interesting to me (age 10-13). I do remember having a very positive experience. Wish I could give you more information. If you have kids I think they will enjoy it. :thumbsup:

Itchy
08-04-2012, 09:39 AM
We ate there about a year ago and would not hesitate to eat there again.

I had the steak and the lady friend had the pork chop which were very good.

We got there just after they opened for dinner and were only about 1 of 4 couples dining at the time.

Service was very good and good atmosphere.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

ftwildernesskid
08-04-2012, 10:31 AM
We ate there last year. It was one of our favorite dinners. Service was beyond wonderful, and the food was delicious. A few of us had the pork chip which was so yummy. My son had a cajun spiced fish of some sort, which he really enjoyed. We will definitely go back when we are there again.

Fangorn
08-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Boatwright's is one of our favorite places. Our first experience there was unplanned. It was our anniversary and we had other plans, but we were both hot, tired and kinda grumpy so about 5 we decided to go back to our resort (POR) and rest. Hunger hit and since we were there, decided to try Boatwright's. We had Anniversary buttons on.

The staff was fantastic. Friendly, efficient and they went out of their way to make the meal magical. The manager came out and brought us complimentary champaigne in honor of our anniversary. The chef brought us a special anniversary dessert and the staff all signed a card for us.

The food was just as excellent. We really weren't expecting that level of quality. The pork chop was very very good.

Since then, we've made it a habit of going back even when we aren't staying at POR. They have not dissappointed us yet. Food and service have always been great. The pork chop remains our favorite, but everything we've tried has been tasty and excellently prepared.

For us, it's definitely a hidden gem.

Bonus: it's hardly ever crowded, and ADRs aren't typically needed.

Enjoy!

Steve

spinnerf
08-04-2012, 12:33 PM
I agree with everyone, Boatwrights tends to get beat up a bit in reviews but I have always enjoyed it. Always a table, never have needed a reservation and the food was good.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Another "thumbs up" for Boatwrights from me too! We've always had good service, and yummy food.

However, I have seen it quite busy, so even though you can usually get away with not having an ADR, it couldn't hurt, especially if you happen to get a busy time.

#1donaldfan
08-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Boatwrights atmosphere is incredilbe and the food is good. It has a home cooked feel and most find that very appealing. I have never seen it that busy, and we have stayed at Riverside many, many, many times. I wish they'd bring back their breakfast....it was the best of any breakfast on property !! :cool:

phillydan
08-06-2012, 01:04 PM
We really wanted to try eating there, but the menu looked a little too iffy for the kids. Had it just been my wife and I, we would have tried it.

darthmacho
08-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Boatwright's was the pleasant surprise of our 2010 trip! We always eat at our home resort on the arrival day of our trips, so when we stayed at POR, we booked Boatwright's for dinner.

While I thought the menu looked good, but it turned out to be the best entree I had the entire week, and we ate at some great restaurants that week, and my wife agrees. I had a wonderful steak served over mashed sweet potatoes and asparagus, topped with a crawfish/corn stuffing and a sweet bourbon glaze. I also had a great flight of beer to go with it. I don't know if they still have this dish on the menu, but it was awesome.

One thing I didn't love about the restaurant is that it was all hardwood, floors and walls, and that meant it was an awfully noisy dining room. I could barely hear our waitress and had to ask her to repeat herself several times. Other than that, it was fabulous.

Mousehead35
08-07-2012, 08:54 AM
I can also give Boatwrights a thumbs up! We had terrific service on our visit last year and the food was great. I wouldn't hesitate to make ADR's there again.

special ed teacher
08-11-2012, 07:56 PM
We did not like it. There are so many more interesting places to eat for the price. We used to love the breakfasts there, but now they only serve dinner.

Hull-onian
08-14-2012, 05:39 PM
We have been to Boatwrights a few times, and it was excellent, and I hope to go to dinner there on this trip. I love POFQ, and it's right next door, then we do a carriage ride. A nice time will be had by all......

Tinkerbella16
08-15-2012, 09:31 PM
I have heard nothing but great reviews of this place, but I am so sad that they took away the breakfast here. I will have to try dinner sometime.

disneymom2000
08-20-2012, 10:42 PM
We got in late one morning and were famished so we stopped in and had a great breakfast. They were doing the turnover for lunch so they were giving us huge helpings on the breakfast items. It was really good food. And I am not saying that just because I was hungry. So we stopped in our room for some stuff and then came back down and had lunch there too. Then off to the park for the rest of the day.

Cinderelley
08-21-2012, 02:13 AM
I don't remember what I ordered, but we really enjoyed our meal there.

azcavalier
08-22-2012, 02:23 PM
We went here right after check-in a couple of years ago. We love the decor, but the service and food was unremarkable. Not bad, mind you, but it didn't stand out. My kids and wife enjoyed their meals. I ordered Jambalaya, and it was OK. I'm not a Jambalaya expert...it's not like i've ever had amazing Jambalaya and thought this paled in comparison. I just tried it for the first time, and it wasn't what I expected it to be.

I would certainly give it a shot. It's not a bad restaurant by any means.