PDA

View Full Version : Something special upon arrival

goofygonewild
08-03-2012, 05:54 PM
I would like to do something special for my wife when we arrive at our resort but cannot come up with anything so I am hoping my intercot family might help me come up with some ideas. We will be arriving at AoA on June 1st which will be our 21st wedding anniversary. We will have our 2 DD ages 11 & 15. One thought I had was to somehow have the room decorated when we arrive with flowers/balloons sitting there. We are on a very tight budget so I won't be able to afford anything extravagant but something simple & meaningful would mean more anyway. I would appreciate any suggestions you might have. :secret:Thanks!

faline
08-03-2012, 06:08 PM
It could be tough to get a room decorated for your arrival - oftentimes last minute room changes occur as you check in. You could check out Disney Florist. Perhaps you could recruit your daughters to help with a surprise. On one trip, my husband had my daughter buy a giant stuffed Donald Duck for me.

Could you award your wife a spa treatment while you were there?

Perhaps you could get your wife out of the room briefly while your daughters handle the decorating?

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-03-2012, 06:21 PM
It wasn't when we arrived, but we once got the Disney Florist to deliver to a restaurant, and DD (it was her 10th birthday) was super surprised. They made a big deal of it and DD even said "some lucky kid is getting that cool present" before she realized it was coming to our table.

The Disney florist does do a "welcome" package, with decorating, but it is expensive. They will also deliver a package (they do more than flowers), but it won't be in the room when you arrive. The Disney florist isn't cheap, but the stuff is just beautiful, and they will work with you to make it special.

You could also bring something down with you, and leave it in the room as you're getting unpacked and sorted.

Mom on a Mission
08-05-2012, 03:02 PM
How about a Disney card from you inviting her to a special anniversary dinner. Have your girls agree ahead of time to let you two have one night on your own. Make the ADR, but :secret: dont tell your DW. It doesn't have to be one of the crazy expensive restaurants. Do you have a favorite in the World Showcase? or wherever you choose will make it special. Even Epcot counter service eaten as a picnic waiting for Illuminations would be romantic. If it is a TS, make it a late resi so the little kid crowd will have cleared out and you can take your time getting there and enjoying each other. Have fun :mickey:

cajunmickey
08-05-2012, 03:43 PM
we just went for our 25th anniversary. Make sure the hotel knows what you are celebrating. There was a picture of mickey and minnie waiting on the table for us. It was signed with congratulations on it. I was not expecting this and it was quite nice. We also wore the anniversary buttons and got greetings from many of the cast members. They do go out of their way to pay attention to the buttons. Have a great time.:mickey:

CosmicRay
08-05-2012, 04:18 PM
If you could find a way for DD's to decorate, and you don't want to travel with the decorations (in case she see them) you could mail them ahead of time to your resort. Then Maybe you could make a plan with DW to take a stroll around the resort to see what all they have or make a dinner res. for the two of you and the DDs could ask for the box at the front desk and make the room magical.

Good luck, hope it all works out!

steamboat52
08-05-2012, 11:00 PM
We were there for our anniversary. Not long after getting into our room the phone rang. It was Mickey and Minnie calling to wish us a happy anniversary...using our names and everything. I had not requested this, but when making our reservation I had mentioned that it was our anniversary.

I don't know if they always do this. It was a real surprise and a delightful way to start the trip. If the phone rings in your room be sure your wife answers it!

goofygonewild
08-06-2012, 05:47 PM
We were there for our anniversary. Not long after getting into our room the phone rang. It was Mickey and Minnie calling to wish us a happy anniversary...using our names and everything. I had not requested this, but when making our reservation I had mentioned that it was our anniversary.

I don't know if they always do this. It was a real surprise and a delightful way to start the trip. If the phone rings in your room be sure your wife answers it!

That is Awesome! I will definately make sure they know it is our anniversay. I have already booked with MJ, should I just let them handle it or should I contact the resort myself? I'm thinking both!

steamboat52
08-06-2012, 06:07 PM
I'd contact the resort, or Disney Reservations yourself...or get advice from your Magical Journeys rep. I told everyone I encountered in any part of the reservation process (dining reservations, etc). We were definately spoiled with anniversary celebrations: confetti on our tables at meals, cards and greetings on our tables, free desserts with candles in them, etc. But I think the best was the phone call. We replayed it every day we were there. I tried to record it to bring it home but was unsuccessful.

Be sure to get Anniversary buttons and wear them every day! It adds to the fun eversomuch!

steamboat52
08-06-2012, 06:09 PM
I just had another fun idea. Maybe you could order Bride and Groom Mickey ears and take them for y'all to wear some of the time! Not terribly expensive and a lot of fun! You might have to wait and get them there...I"m not sure of your time frame and the order/delivery time frame.

KAT1811
08-07-2012, 02:44 PM
How about a simple dinner along just the two of you? You could let the girls navigate the park alone while the two of you have a quiet dinner if you don't want to leave them at the reosrt alone. Epcot would be my park of choice for dinner if you get a late reservation by the time you finish the park will be almost empty and you can enjoy a romantic stroll around the lake while the torches burn. Maybe have the girls sneak off a little early and drop off a small gift to the restaurant to be placed at your table. Maybe something you brought from home?

You could bring a picture from your wedding day 21 years ago and have the girls sneak off a little early and buy a "Happy Anniversary" or wedding style Disney frame and place the picture in it. Then it could be waiting at your table for your wife when you arrive. A special card with a hand written message professing your love for her would be nice too. No matter how lavish a gift my husband gives me nothing means more to me than hearing how much he loves me and how much I mean to him.