PDA

View Full Version : Current crowd ??

MarkC
08-03-2012, 05:41 PM
Can anyone there now give me an update on recent crowds, groups, etc.? A friend was down there earlier this week and said Epcot and DS were not crowded at all, which is very surprising for this time of year. Have the weather and economy had an effect on the summer crowds? We leave one week from today so I'm curious. Thanks.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-04-2012, 08:33 AM
I'm sure someone who had been recently will be along soon.

Crowds are such a hard thing to judge, since it is so much about perception. But, generally, reports are that park attendance is up, but that the crowds seem to be more spread out over the year, there isn't as big of a change between the low and high times.

faline
08-04-2012, 03:38 PM
When I've been in Disney at this time of year, we've found the crowds to be generally manageable with mostly moderate level crowds. Heat and humidity typically are harder on visitors than the crowds right about now. We were last there at this time of year two years ago.

eandrsmom
08-04-2012, 06:04 PM
We just got back on Thursday. It wasn't as bad as expected. We are pretty experienced at touring, so I checked the anticipated crowd levels for each park before deciding where we were going each day. Typically, we'd sleep late, eat a big brunch, then swim at the resort or go to a waterpark/DQ in the heat of the day. In the evenings, we'd go to the parks until they closed. I found that an hour or two prior to closing, we had hardly any lines.

special ed teacher
08-04-2012, 07:08 PM
I am at wilderness.lodge now. It is very empty. I would give it a 3 for crowd level. I was here last year on same date and crowds are half.
Yesterday We went.to hs and it was not crowded either. Today at magic kingdom it was the least I saw crowds in years. I used free wdw tour plan and he was right. I will see what the next few days bring. I am happy with crowd levels.
Weather is humid. Only 90. It rains a little each day.

MarkC
08-04-2012, 08:01 PM
Great to hear-- not for the economy but for us. We're experienced as well as this will be around trip #25 for me. We'll do fine, but I still don't like to stand in long lines more than anyone else. Thanks for the responses.

Crow
08-04-2012, 11:06 PM
thats good, usually i go in off season, in June MK was packed one day
so on 21st i hope the crowds arent bad. predictions dont look too bad.

JWBurns
08-05-2012, 11:51 AM
I am at wilderness.lodge now. It is very empty. I would give it a 3 for crowd level. I was here last year on same date and crowds are half.
Yesterday We went.to hs and it was not crowded either. Today at magic kingdom it was the least I saw crowds in years. I used free wdw tour plan and he was right. I will see what the next few days bring. I am happy with crowd levels.
Weather is humid. Only 90. It rains a little each day.

Where can I find the free WDW Tour Plan?

steamboat willy
08-05-2012, 12:17 PM
We just got back on Thursday. It wasn't as bad as expected. We are pretty experienced at touring, so I checked the anticipated crowd levels for each park before deciding where we were going each day.

Where do you find/see anticipated crowd levels. :confused:
Thank you for your reply! :mickey:

special ed teacher
08-05-2012, 02:05 PM
We went to animal kingdom today. We did everything We wanted by 1 and that was with doing some things more then once. The longest posted wait was 45 minutes for roller coaster. Fast pass made that ride.5 minutes. The only crowded areas are the walk ways. I asked a cm about crowds. He said most tour groups gone.so crowds are a lot less. It is very humid and that can make for a difficult time.
I used the plans from free wdw web sight. He was right about all so far. I used to use tour plans.but I like this one a bit more.

JWBurns
08-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Can you post a link to the tour plan you liked most

faline
08-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Can you post a link to the tour plan you liked most

Links to other Disney related sites would violate Intercot's terms of service.

JWBurns
08-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Links to other Disney related sites would violate Intercot's terms of service.

Sorry I didn't know it was not Intercot related information.

Thanks for the clarification.

gigi
08-06-2012, 09:53 AM
We leave for Disney one week from today:party: I hope the crowds stay low.

special ed teacher
08-06-2012, 04:07 PM
Epcot today was decent crowd wise. Soaring was the only long wait. Get fast pass and the rest is less then 10 minutes. Crowds still low at wilderness.
Last night at Mk was very crowded with emh. Rides were still manageable.. parade was not..