PDA

View Full Version : Engineer builds lifesize WALL-E

TheVBs
08-03-2012, 05:34 PM
Just read this:

Insanely cool guy builds real-life WALL-E to cheer up kids with cancer
5 hrs ago

It's awesome enough that Mike Senna spent more than two years building a working WALL-E robot from scratch, but the fact that he did it to bring joy to pediatric cancer patients? Well, awesome doesn't begin to describe it. The California computer programmer started by drawing his own blueprints, based on repeated viewings of his "WALL-E" DVD. The project took 3,800 hours to complete, from developing the electronics and mechanical system to getting the paint job just right, down to the "Buy n Large" logo on his back. WALL-E's first outing? Waving at the kids at the City of Hope Pediatric Picnic. "For them to see the character … is priceless for me," Senna said.

The picture looks awesome! :mickey:

DizneyRox
08-03-2012, 06:52 PM
Can't wait for the follow-up cease and desist story... People do some amazing things...

I hear Disney actually has one of these, but the liability insurance is too much to let guests interact with it. How can this guy do it?

Crow
08-04-2012, 12:26 AM
thats nice to help cheer them up

TheVBs
08-04-2012, 08:42 AM
I wish they had one in the parks! :mickey: I love that robot.

Wonder if I can send this guy our remote control Wall-E? He stopped working and we have no idea how to fix him. :(

#1donaldfan
08-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Yep, the guy will have a copyright infringment suit against him.....:mickey:

Wolf
08-06-2012, 03:00 PM
This is so amazing!! I love reading things like that!!

@DisneyRox-The same way that people build R2-D2's all over the country and world, as well as bar2-d2's.