PDA

View Full Version : Random money question...

BrerGnat
08-03-2012, 02:44 PM
Is there somewhere on board that I can get $1 bills in exchange for $20's? I have a heck of a time gathering $1's since we do all our banking online and every bank nowadays requires an account in order to do even the simplest change making transactions. :rolleyes:

I know we don't need too much cash on board, but I want to have plenty of $1's for room service tips as well as for bag handlers at the port.

Does DCL have a purser's office or equivalent on board?

robnadina
08-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Hi Natalie
Guest Services would probably be able to help you. They can Exchange Foreign Currency & cash Personal Checks up to $100. If they do this, I am sure they can make change :thumbsup:

Disdude
08-05-2012, 06:12 PM
We never use cash for anything on board. Even when you order room service they give you a slip to sign. You can put the tip on your shipboard account. The same with alcohol or at the Cove Cafe (I cannot wait for a Cafe Toledo! :tasty:). They charge you a 15% tip and I usually throw on an extra buck per drink if we get service with a smile.

I've gotten so I carry very few singles anymore when I travel. Only two more weeks!

BrerGnat
08-06-2012, 07:12 AM
Thanks Disdude. I read somewhere that the CMs prefer the cash upfront for the room service tips. I anticipate using room service often! I am not bringing too much cash onboard. Definitely under $100.

DizneyRox
08-06-2012, 07:18 AM
Thanks Disdude. I read somewhere that the CMs prefer the cash upfront for the room service tips. I anticipate using room service often! I am not bringing too much cash onboard. Definitely under $100.
Nah, no cash onboard is necessary. Tip the people outside that help with luggage, etc, but onboard everything goes on your room charge.