PDA

View Full Version : Sushi at WDW?

Disney Yankee
08-02-2012, 05:27 PM
What are the best places to have sushi in WDW (in the park or at a resort)?

steamboat willy
08-02-2012, 05:38 PM
My all time favorite was California Grill a top the Contemporary Resort. (They will be closing Jan 2013 for major renovations.) Another good one is Wolfgang Pucks in Downtown Disney. Never been, but I've heard good reviews from Dolphin Resort.
Starring Rolls in DS.
Japan Pavilion in EPCOT.
I'm sure there are others.

ENJOY!

mdricks
08-02-2012, 05:47 PM
Done most of the places in wdw.

Tokyo dining in japan is my fav but that's because its in the park.

the best fish I've had was kimonos at the dolphin.
:number1:

TinkerbellT421
08-02-2012, 06:13 PM
I've heard there is good sushi at Teppan Edo, I will be trying it in December.

There is a sushi bar Called Kona Island in Poly. Always pass it in my way to 'Ohana but haven't tried it yet!

MNNHFLTX
08-02-2012, 06:14 PM
Tokyo Dining in Epcot--delicious sushi!! :thumbsup:

TikiGoddess
08-03-2012, 09:42 AM
We are big sushi fans. Here's what we've experienced.

1. Kimonos at the Swan: best sushi overall. Full menu with special rolls and regular items. Great cocktails, quiet atmosphere (except on karaoke nights!).

2. Tokyo Dining (Epcot): decent sushi, decent cocktails. If you get a table near the window, there's an amazing view of World Showcase (and if you time it right, Illuminations). Fairly noisy.

3. California Grill (Contemporary): they have sushi but it's very limited. The rolls we've had here are delicious, as are the drinks. I would think of this as appetizers rather than a whole meal.

4. Kona Island Sushi Bar (Polynesian): decent sushi -- we rated it as equal to our normal sushi joint at home. Not amazing but tasty. Great cocktails.

Now if you ever get a chance to come to Connecticut, we'll bring you to our favorites -- Feng in Hartford or Ginza in Bloomfield. Ming Ghung in Glastonbury is awesome too.

Kathy

Crow
08-03-2012, 11:08 AM
my first was at Kimonos its good but i dont get there as much ,end up at Tokyo Dining everytrip w its atmosphere and great service.
had good sushi at CG also

Melanie
08-03-2012, 11:17 AM
After living in Japan for 3 years and having the best sushi on Earth :tasty: , Tokyo Dining was actually the freshest sushi we had while living in Florida. So good!

And actually, the rolls they serve at Katsura Grill (the new quick service in Japan) are very fresh and tasty as well.

Man, now I'm hungry for sushi! :sumo:

Crow
08-03-2012, 05:02 PM
After living in Japan for 3 years and having the best sushi on Earth :tasty: , Tokyo Dining was actually the freshest sushi we had while living in Florida. So good!

And actually, the rolls they serve at Katsura Grill (the new quick service in Japan) are very fresh and tasty as well.

Man, now I'm hungry for sushi! :sumo:

lucky u, i want to visit Japan.
the only thing i wish, is that there would b more choices in smaller portions..i cant eat 8 pcs. id like samplers

Kairi_7378
08-03-2012, 09:30 PM
I really like the spicy sushi at the CA Grill.

stephicakes
08-04-2012, 09:16 AM
Thanks for this thread, all! My DD and I were eating sushi yesterday and we were discussing where we could find good sushi in Disney. I will have to try Tokyo Dining or Kimonos in September for sure!! :thumbsup:

steph

Disney Yankee
08-04-2012, 12:24 PM
Thanks for all of the great sushi ideas! Can't wait to get to Disney World next summer to try some!!!! Any more ideas would be appreciated:)

SandmanGStefani24
08-05-2012, 07:06 PM
Tokyo dining in japan is my fav but that's because its in the park.

:

This should be an obvious one! I eat there every visit. The calm, quiet ambience coupled with excellent service and food makes this such a great place to eat! I never eat a whole meal, I just order soup, and the sushi sampler. Perfect.