PDA

View Full Version : Tigerinvestigator's July 2012 Family Trip Day 7

Tigerinvestigator
08-02-2012, 05:07 PM
Day 7

Woke up early to catch up on my trip report notes. We all decided to get up early and have breakfast. We chose the bakery at the Boardwalk and we ate right outside on one of the tables on the boardwalk. A family of ducks were underneath our tables and my DD15 managed to record one of the duck's calls. She then replayed it and had ducks from all over come to our table. We finished eating and got out of dodge before others started complaining. By the way the chocolate eclair at this bakery is a sin. I bet I gained 10 pounds on one eclair....but it was really good. I managed to walk it off in the heat going to Epcot. We stopped outside the ESPN club and thru the bean bags on the game. My first bag went straight into the hole. Yep my girls were pretty proud of their dad. I told them how I had been an olympic champion back before I started eating cheesburgers and chocolate eclairs and.......naw they didn't buy it either.
Once we arrived at Epcot we went to Future world and Innoventions and went to StormStruck which is one of our favorite little attractions at Innoventions. We finished at 90% which is pretty good. DD15 and DD11 rode Sum of All Thrills again. We then went to Mission Space and got fastpasses to ride orange. We all went into the exit and played the Space Race game a couple of times.....that is a really fun way to spend an hour. We sent space video postcards to ourselves and then it was time to ride. Before leaving the video room the ride broke down. We waited about ten minutes and it came back up. We enjoyed our ride and my DD11 is hilarious on this attraction. DD15 was dizzy for awhile after getting off. Never been dizzy on it before so not sure why this time.
We were all hungry again and my chocolate eclair was now officially digested so we went downstairs to the foodcourt at the Land Pavilion. I got the Pork Chop with homeade BBQ sauce and cheddar mashed potatoes and it was fantastic. One of the best dishes I had the entire week. Don't know what the rest of them had I was too busy staring at and devouring my pork chop. While we were eating I was people watching (one of my favorite things to do at WDW) and a very little girl was having a little tantrum. Obviously she was very tired and needed a nap. What struck me about the whole incident was how well the father handled the situation. He took her to a quiet corner of the building where no one would be bothered and he lovingly allowed her to throw her fit and then when he saw she was about to pass out he picked her up and kissed her and she fell asleep in his arms. That's the kind of dad I try to be. We talked to him a minute and you could tell he was a good father.
I was then inspired to take my DD8 on Imagination with Figment (AGAIN) because I wanted to be a great dad. When we got to the entrance no one was going in. Turns out there was no castmember as usual to direct people into the pavilion. A group of non english speaking people had gathered at the entrance but weren't going in. My family did the Disney like thing and walked right by them into the ride and then said Ya'll come on in.....we are open! Don't think they understood Southern english but they got the message and followed close behind. It was on this trip the girls pointed out the coolest hidden mickey I have ever seen. The toilet in Figment's upside down house is a hidden mickey...WOW who'd have thunk it???
My brother Uncle Eric and his friend Katie had flown in late on Thursday and now joined us at Epcot. The kids went off with them and DW and I got to walk and have some alone time. We all met back up at the Dolphin and had naps before dressing for dinner at Ohana. When we went down to the Lobby of the Dolphin they were having the Olympic party and it was awesome. Had several gold medalist olympians with their medals signing autographs. There was an abundance of food and drink and games etc for everyone. Really well done little party. The sugar cookies with white chocolate on top were very good.
We caught the boat to DHS where we transferred to a Polynesian Resort bus. Enjoyed the bus ride to the Contemporary and then onto the Poly. Shot some good video at the Poly and enjoyed walking the grounds again. Beautiful view from the beach about sundown and I love how active this resort is about the time they light the tiki torches. It is truly the most beautiful resort at WDW in my opinion. DW met a really nice family from Canada and they enjoyed listening to each others accents. We were seated with a good view of the castle and I managed to set the record for eating the most Ohana potstickers in one night.......well it seemed like it anyway. By some estimations at the table I ate about 19 or so. Everything was good but the potstickers are the best, especially with peanut sauce. Wishes began as we were ready to leave but we watched the show as we did on our last visit. Very nice view and the music being piped in is great.
We quickly caught a monorail to MK where we caught most of the Magic the Memories and You show on the castle. Truly an amazing accomplishment by the Imagineers.
I had brought one of my Law Enforcement Agency patches with me to be placed in the Fire Dept. We took it to City Hall and they were very appreciative. Something I have always wanted to do but never could remember to bring one. According to City Hall they are rotated between MK and Epcot on a regular basis.
We were already tired but managed to walk to Adventureland. I love walking over this bridge at night and smelling the pepper plants and hearing the drums beat in the distance. We rode my favorite again which is POTC and everyone but DW and I rode Splash Mt. While we got drinks at Pecos Bills and watched the MSEP.
After the parade we went to the shooting gallery and I helped DD8 with her aim. Again she was impressed with her dad who is a pretty good shot. Remember that boys who are interested in dating my daughters........anyway back to the trip.
Haunted Mansion was next and I caught myself falling asleep while riding so I knew it was time to go back to the resort. The hitchhiking ghost blew out our heads like a lantern and I was done. The girls did Philharmagic, we all did Its a Small World, and then we headed for the exit. The bus for the Dolphin/Swan/Boardwalk was ridiculously long so we hopped right onto a bus to Yacht and Beach Club. No waiting and we beat the Dolphin bus even with the walk from the Yacht club. That was the only wait we saw all week for a Swan/Dolphin bus. I spent a very few minutes on the balcony and then off to bed. Another great day, but will admit I am starting to get a little bit of those disney blues feelings starting to pop up knowing our vacation is getting closer to being over......put them away for now we still have a lot to do!:thumbsup:

faline
08-02-2012, 07:32 PM
When you begin to nod off on Haunted Mansion, you know you've had a very complete park day!!

DisneyorBust
08-02-2012, 10:30 PM
Those trips to WDW can sure take their toll! I know that I like to take a an extra day off when we return, I usually need the rest! :D

January-2007
08-03-2012, 11:04 AM
Thanks for reporting!

Dopey's Girl
08-03-2012, 01:16 PM
It's nice to hear a good story of parenting at WDW, rather than some of the horror stories we all have heard.

Another great day, thanks!

DizNee143
08-05-2012, 04:14 PM
What a busy, yet very fun day!! And night I add yummy also..lol.. :mickey:

emerzmom
08-06-2012, 01:02 PM
What a great trip! I love the Poly too and the early evening is the best.
What a bittersweet feeling when your magical vacation is nearing the end....been there!
I am really enjoying your trip reports! Thanks.
:tink:
Julie

MushuGrl
08-24-2012, 06:59 PM
YOU JUST MADE ME SOOOO HAPPY! For some reason with the Fantasyland construction I've stressed over my beloved Philharmagic. Had no REASON to but did. I adore that show. Always tear up at the Peter Pan section.

And I adore the Land pavilion. My absolute favorite place to eat at WDW.

Now I'm hungry.