PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been there Christmas Day?

DisneyMomx2
08-02-2012, 03:57 PM
How was it? Where did you eat? We are thinking of surprising our kids next Christmas but we have never been there for the holiday before. Any tips would be appreciated!! p.s. Kids are 9 and 13 and won't be expecting Santa there. ;)

Celakip
08-02-2012, 05:57 PM
We were there over Christmas about 5 years ago. Parks were not crowded at first, but became very crowded beginning Christmas day and for the next few days we were there, probably the most crowded we have ever experienced in 16 trips so far, most during the summer. We ate Christmas dinner at Yak & Yeti, as I recall. Although it was very crowded for much of our trip, it is definitely worth going to see the decorations and the special Christmas things. In fact, we are going again this Christmas!:mickey:

faline
08-02-2012, 07:26 PM
Once but it was quite a while back - so far back that they showed the Christmas parade live on ?Christmas day. It was a lovely, relaxed time.

We spent Christmas eve day shopping in Downtown Disney and at the resorts as we had resolved to only exchange gifts we had purchased at Disney (Our daughter and her boyfriend - now her husband) were with us on this trip. We were staying in the cabins at Fort Wilderness. On Christmas Eve, Santa toured the campground in a wagon and left treats at each location. What fun! We exchanged gifts on Christmas Eve and went to eat at Kona Cafe. We thought about going to Downtown Disney after dinner but every bus that arrived was overflowing so we just went home again.

On Christmas morning, we got up really early and took a but to the Magic Kingdom where we spent the morning during the parade (Since it was live, the parade took the entire morning to go by since it stopped every time there was a commercial break). The park was really crowded by then so we hopped over to Epcot which was much more manageable. For dinner, we went to a restaurant at the Contemporary which no longer exists.

We made the mistake of returning to the Magic Kingdom in the evening. The crowds were so thick they were frightening.

If I did it again, I might not go in the parks at all on Christmas day. If I did, I'd probably head to Epcot again as it seems to handle larger crowds better than some of the other parks. I'd probably make a reservation at an Epcot restaurant for my holiday meal.

Have fun!

johnO
08-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Don't know, but we'll be finding out this Christmas!!

Katzateer
08-02-2012, 09:44 PM
Once, aBout 5 years ago. There was a horrible blizzard going on in Ohio and it was pouring at WDW. We were on the monorail going to eat breakfast at Kona. The line going into the MK was enormous and I was so glad it wasn't a park day for us. We resort hopped and went to a movie later in the day (Polar Express). Had a great day!

arielshouse
08-02-2012, 10:03 PM
We were there over Christmas a few years back and it was amazing but CRAZY! 2 days before Christmas day and the days after as well reached max capacity within the first couple hours of opening! U couldn't hop parks due to them being a max capacity so u had to make sure u chose your park of the day very carefully! All of the eateries both CS and TS were ridiculous! The atmosphere and the special Disney magic made it easy to look over it while there though! Even though it was CRAZY I would totally do it again because it was a different kind of Disney magic to be there over Christmas especially while in HS watching the Osbourne Spectacle of lights with "snow" coming down was heaven! Wow now I want to go back during that time!:cloud9: