PDA

View Full Version : Club Level at Yacht Club

KAT1811
08-02-2012, 03:02 PM
What can you tell me about the club level rooms at the Yacht Club? Pros and cons?

:mickey:

jmj18
08-02-2012, 11:31 PM
I have stayed in several Club level rooms and the Yacht Club has been my least favorite. I found the rooms very small...especially the bathroom. I also was not impressed with the size of the room where snacks/drinks were available. It was very difficult to move around in there and there was limited seating.

For my family...we would not stay there again.

:mickey:

KAT1811
08-03-2012, 06:20 AM
Thank you for the feedback. Can I ask you two things?

1.) What club level rooms do you recommend? We need a room that sleeps 5. 2 adults and 3 children (4, 6, & 8). We are not big Poly fans and I would prefer to stay away from the GF during construction.

2.) Do you like the Yacht Club itself but not the club level offerings? We would not be staying in the club lounge to eat/snack. With the 3 children we would take our food/beverages back to the room for convenience. Or just take it on the go. We like to get up and out in the mornings so would either be eating on the go or eating in the room while everyone gets ready. At night the children are in bed early so wine an cheese would be on our balcony.

:thanks:

AgentC
08-03-2012, 08:02 AM
Thank you for the feedback. Can I ask you two things?

2.) Do you like the Yacht Club itself but not the club level offerings? We would not be staying in the club lounge to eat/snack. With the 3 children we would take our food/beverages back to the room for convenience. Or just take it on the go. We like to get up and out in the mornings so would either be eating on the go or eating in the room while everyone gets ready. At night the children are in bed early so wine an cheese would be on our balcony.

:thanks:

I do not usually stay club level, but I have stayed at the Yacht Club several times and it is a lovely resort. We generally have 3 adults and 2 children. The non club level rooms are spacious. Perhaps the club level rooms have a different layout? We have never paid for a water view but always had a room with a view of the quiet pool with a large balcony.

Stormalong Bay and being able to walk to Epcot are huge pluses for this resort. Quick service food is limited. Hurricane Hannah's serves burger fare and there is a small quick serve in the store over at the Beach Club.

Some people feel that Yacht Club is too subdued for children but I have never had a problem with it. My children (4 &6) love it there.

Jen C.
08-03-2012, 03:13 PM
I recommend Club Level at BC, or Contemporary. We too, are not big fans of Poly. GF is great, but with the construction, I believe that you would find either BC or Contemporary perfect. These are the two we will be splitting our stay at, in the next few wks. :)

jmj18
08-03-2012, 10:22 PM
We LOVE the POLY Club Level. Not sure about 5 in the room...we are a family of 4 and it's been a few years.

I wasn't a fan of The Yacht Club itself...but LOVED the location and of course the pool was nice.

The Contemporary was nice too.

I felt the rooms in both of these were larger and easier to move around in. Bathrooms were a good size as well.

:mickey::mickey:

KAT1811
08-03-2012, 10:59 PM
We LOVE the POLY Club Level. Not sure about 5 in the room...we are a family of 4 and it's been a few years.

:mickey::mickey:

Spacially the Poly was perfect. We had plenty of room to move around and when we stayed there we had a theme park room and it was nice. I just didn't "love" it. It wasn't worth all the hype. We love Epcot and the Boardwalk. We at

Mitzie
08-08-2012, 09:14 AM
Of all our stays we have only stayed club level at AKL-twice, and BWI. Yes the club level experiences were slightly different. Though even with the larger lounge at AKL, seating could still get tight at busy times of the day. The food offerings reflected the resort and the restaurants there, so if you go into it knowing that you kind of have an idea of what to expect. We too will be staying club level at YC this Oct. and we are looking forward to it. When we stayed at the Poly this past April, we did not stay club level so I can't speak of that, but the room(we were in a garden view room) was very spacious. We were in one of the newer buildings with the two sinks and I think those are the larger rooms. There was plenty of space for our family of 5.