PDA

View Full Version : Tigerinvestigator's July 2012 Family Trip Day 4

Tigerinvestigator
08-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Day 4

We decided to wake up this morning and go to DHS since last night was extra magic hours and we thought the crowd would be down a little. We managed to walk right on to the boat and 10 minutes later were approaching the gate to DHS. Arriving just after opening we walked straight to Star Tours at the request of all three daughters. We walked straight onto the ride. This trip took us to Hoth, the ice planet and it was a great ride. The rides seem so much longer now and we all really enjoyed the ride. We shopped at Tatooine Traders for a few minutes then headed for the Great Movie Ride. We walked past the American Idol Tryouts and they said DD8 could try out but not be in the show because of her age. She decided not to do that and we proceeded to the Great Movie Ride. No wait here either but we had a really hard time understanding our guide. We enjoyed the trip into the movies anyway. We left and went through Pixar Place and Toy Story had a two hour wait already. My family chose to do the Muppets while I walked around taking photos and watching the Phineas and Ferb meet and greet. When the girls got out of Muppets we were all starved and went to the Backlot Express which had just opened and had no lines to eat. As always I had the vegetable sandwhich here which is very good. We sat next to a British family and my DD8 continues to perfect her British accent.
A quick stop at the Candy Cauldron and a few shops and were headed back to the boat landing to catch a ride back to the Dolphin.
We changed into our swim clothes and headed for the big grotto pool. This is the most relaxing spot on earth for me. My DW secured us great seats inside the cave and I determined it was exactly where I wanted to be. From my reclining chair I had palm trees all around me, the waterfall just in front and to my left and could easily see spaceship earth in the distance.....WOW. We swam for almost three hours and I had a good time playing with my girls in the pool and then relaxing as well. The water was perfect, the weather was perfect, life was perfect. After the swim session we returned to our room for a short nap.
After napping we walked to Epcot where we rode Imagination with Figment, Living with the Land boat ride (my favorite Epcot attraction), and The Seas with Nemo, all without a wait. We then walked past Test Track which is under construction and headed for Mexico. Long line for the boat ride so we shopped at Norway (one of these days we will be able to afford the HH line of clothing which I love) China, Germany, Japan, ate a cream cheese pretzel, Morrocco, and then back to Mexico where we planned to dine for the night. I wasn't feeling too good and no one was really hungry so we cancelled our ressie at the San Angel Inn and walked back to the Dolphin via the Boardwalk. We grabbed some pastries from the Boardwalk bakery for later and some food at Picabu with our $50 room credit. We then walked the pool area and had a fantastic time playing on the beach and playground. My girls wore me out running around and we had some great family time by ourselves. DW enjoyed the time in the hammock on the beach and we returned to our room late. Everyone went to bed except me. I stayed up most of the night on the balcony considering myself blessed to have such a family, to be able to take a trip like this, and to have the health to experience it all. I thought this was a great day, but I didn't know at the time the next day would be one of the best we have ever had at WDW.:thumbsup:

MizMissy
08-02-2012, 03:28 PM
Such a great day! I can't wait to hear about your next day.

SBETigg
08-02-2012, 03:39 PM
The beauty and joy of your vacation and what that special time with your family means to you is shining through in your reports. Lovely to read the reports, thank you. I'm so glad you've had such a wonderful time, and wow, even better tomorrow? Looking forward to it.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Another great day!

I love how you're getting to mix some awesome part time with some great (and much needed) downtime.

T-Belle
08-02-2012, 06:05 PM
The beauty and joy of your vacation and what that special time with your family means to you is shining through in your reports. Lovely to read the reports, thank you. I'm so glad you've had such a wonderful time, and wow, even better tomorrow? Looking forward to it.

I thought the same thing. What wonderful memories your creating for you girls.

faline
08-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Lovely day!

DisneyorBust
08-02-2012, 09:55 PM
Another special day with your family! My family and I enjoy the mix of parks and resort downtime, a great combination of excitement and relaxation. Looking forward to seeing what will make tomorrow so special.

January-2007
08-03-2012, 10:39 AM
Thanks for reporting!

Dopey's Girl
08-03-2012, 11:21 AM
The suspense...I'd better get reading!

DizNee143
08-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Another great day!!! You're really making me look forward to going in Sept with my hubby and daughter..all the fun your acing nf just cherishing your time together :mickey:

emerzmom
08-06-2012, 08:34 AM
It sounds like a perfect day...hard to beat!
:tink:
Julie