PDA

View Full Version : Tigerinvestigator's July 2012 Family Trip Day 3

Tigerinvestigator
08-02-2012, 02:30 PM
Day 3

We slept in a little on Monday July 23rd. I was up and ready first and took a bunch of photos of the room and from the balcony and the grand canyon concourse. We had an easy check-out from the Contemporary. Again we all agreed we should stay at the CR more often if possible. It was easy access to the MK and it really started the vacation off right with the feeling of being in the middle of the magic.
We left the CR and drove to the Dolphin where we self-parked and walked up to check-in. Check-in was easy but our room wasn't ready yet. They said they would call when it was ready. I had requested room 9123 on our original reservation and they said that was why it wasn't ready yet.
So we headed for Epcot via the walkway past the Yacht and Beach Club resorts. The pool was hopping at the resorts as we walked past. We entered Epcot and stopped at the Agent P stand near France and got our phone. It then started raining so we ducked into the shops at France and waited it out. We played the Agent P mission in France which was fun (we like it better than Kim Possible). Had lunch in Japan, I had the Terriyaki Salmon which was very good. We walked back through World Showcase through Canada (dropping our phone off along the way) and entered Future World. It began raining very hard and we quickly made our way to Innoventions. DD15 and DD11 got in line for Sum of All Thrills, while DW, DD8, and I took the tour through the new Vision House. I always get a lot of ideas for our home and can't wait to look up some of the products. Who wouldn't want a toilet that is heated, opens and closes on its on, and plays music while you........we anyway (NO PRIVACY AT ALL AROUND THIS PLACE-SORRY ORVILLE). I really like the little greenhouse out back. DD8 played a Brave video game while our other daughters finished their ride which they love. We then took a ride on Spaceship earth and I fell asleep with the air conditioning and darkness and music. Since we were all a little tired we began the journey back to the WDW Dolphin to see if our room was ready. Took the friendship boat to Boardwalk because of the rain, and then walked from there as it quit raining. DD8 slipped coming off the boat on the rainsoaked walkway but just blushed a little, no injuries. We arrived back at check-in a little after 3pm and found our room still wasn't ready. We waited about thirty more minutes in the lobby and finally my phone rang. It was the nicest lady from the Dolphin who explained how sorry they were that our room still wasn't ready. She explained they wanted to give us our room request but for some unknown reason the guests had not checked out when they were supposed to. She offered us a free upgrade to the room next door which had a balcony. Do I want it???? YES PLEASE! Not only did she upgrade us.....we also got an upgrade when our reservation was made, but she reduced the overall rate to $107/ night!!!! Talk about magical......we absolutely love the Dolphin and the room was perfect on the top floor with a view looking straight at the ToT and Hollywood Studios with a nice view of the Swan/Dolphin beach. After getting settled into our new home for the next seven nights, the skys opened up and a storm moved in. We rested, took naps with the rain hitting the window, and ate a snack from Picabu. After the storm lifted we decided not to do extra magic hours at HS so we instead just walked the Boardwalk and Yacht and Beach Clubs and ended up back at the Dolphin where we ate at The Fountain, where I had one of the best cheesburgers (chedder, sauteed onions, and BBQ sauce) I have ever had at WDW. Very nice atmosphere and great food with Stewart's Key Lime Soda to drink. The kids headed for the arcade after dinner and DW and I went and sat on the balcony.....watched Fantasmic and enjoyed being in the middle of everything. ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!:thumbsup:

SBETigg
08-02-2012, 02:51 PM
I really liked the Dolphin when I stayed there, and you can't beat the upgrade and that price! Awesome. Definitely a magical day.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-02-2012, 03:48 PM
I'm glad you liked Agent P, we're really looking forward to trying it.

And congrats on the room upgrade, sounds like a wonderful view.

DisneyorBust
08-02-2012, 09:47 PM
What a nice surprise receiving the upgrades! I can tell that you and yours are truely enjoying the "Magic" !

faline
08-03-2012, 09:29 AM
Sometimes annoyances end up with surprising rewards - congrats on your room upgrade!!

January-2007
08-03-2012, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the trip report.

Dopey's Girl
08-03-2012, 11:06 AM
Gotta love upgrades and discounts!

Thanks for the report.

DizNee143
08-04-2012, 09:07 PM
Another great day! And that's awesome about the upgrade!:mickey: