PDA

View Full Version : Chef Mickeys

puck292
08-02-2012, 12:14 PM
I have reservations at chef mickey's during my trip at the end of the month (staying at POLY). We are also eating at Ohana, Via Napoli, and California grill. I wasnt sure if we should keep the chef mickeys reservation as my kids dont care about the characters much anymore. I picked chef mickeys bc its on the monorail and we plan to go to Magic Kingdom that night. Any other single credit table service restaurants that anyone would recommend (over chef mickeys) that is on monorail line or in MK? Thanks for advice.

Scar
08-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Grand Floridian Cafe and Kona Cafe are 1TS credit and both get good reviews.

Generally speaking, the food at character meals is not as good as regular restaurants, so if you have no interest in them, try another palce.

cer
08-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Grand Floridian Cafe and Kona Cafe are 1TS credit and both get good reviews.

If it were me, I'd dump Chef Mickey's for one of these. These dining experiences are so much more pleasant in comparison. No up and down, no fighting lines at the buffet, no having to stop every few minutes for pics....

amylaurin
08-02-2012, 02:55 PM
I was so excited on our last trip because I finally got resrvations to take my little boy to Chef Mickey's. After the fact however...not so much. The characters were great and we got some super pictures, the food on the other hand, wasterrible. It reminded me of cafeteria, buffett food. My fiance would chose to eat at O'hana every night of the trip. I would skip Chef Mickey's and not waste that table credit.

wdwfiend
08-02-2012, 03:37 PM
Personally we love the food at Liberty Tree Tavern. It is no longer a character dinner but the quality and quantity (never-ending supply) of the food/drinks is outstanding.

disneykid99
08-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Personally we love the food at Liberty Tree Tavern. It is no longer a character dinner but the quality and quantity (never-ending supply) of the food/drinks is outstanding.

I second Liberty Tree! Comfort Food, yum :cloud9:

Itchy
08-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Since you would be at the Contemporary I would try the Wave on the lower level.

I like Cali Grill but have found for one meal credit I can get a filet steak as good if not better at the Wave.

We will be eating there again in Sept and just ate there on our trip this past May.

The atmosphere and service for us was great each time we have eaten there and that has been about 5 times.

Hope this helps..:mickey:

disneynarula
08-03-2012, 07:23 AM
If you don't care about the characters then don't go to Chef Mickey's. We found the food to be about the same as a Golden Corral. The only reason we went is for the characters and we sort of wished we hadn't gone there.

Try the Grand Floridian Cafe or Kona Cafe.

puck292
08-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Thanks all! I cancelled Chef Mickey's and after a rather heated debate between my kids they choose the Grand Floridian Cafe over the Wave and Liberty Tree because in their words "we want to have dinner at every monorail resort". So now we have Cali Grill, Ohana, Grand Floridian Cafe, Via Napoli and Hollywood Brown Derby.

eandrsmom
08-03-2012, 09:42 AM
We've eaten at the Grand Floridian Cafe several times, and the food and service have always been good.