PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian, Beach Club, or Yacht Club Concierge Level Room?

KAT1811
08-01-2012, 04:38 PM
I am looking for feedback regarding the club level rooms at the Grand Floridian, Beach and Yacht Clubs. There are 5 of us traveling. 2 adults and 3 children (8, 6, & 4) Where are the rooms located? What are the food offerings? Are all of the concierge offerings similar or is there some that stand out as much better? Any and all information would be greatly appreciated.

I would also like information on the Boardwalk Club Level. Sorry. Just looked at it now but cannot change the poll :(

Maleficent's Dad
08-06-2012, 09:45 AM
While opinions vary, I have to say that the GF Main Building has been, in our experience, the best of all CL.
While the service you'll receive, and the food presented will be similar, there are subtle differences amongst the resorts. All follow (pretty much) the same schedule with the breakfasts (7-10), snacks (mid-day), hot hors d'oeuvres (with beer & wine) at 5 PM, and evening cordials (7-9). The traditional breakfast offerings at all CL seem to be the same. The evening cordials likewise. The differences are in the hot hors d'oeuvres offerings.
All CL's require a special key to access the lounge areas. Most require a key to access the floor you're staying on (notable exception being the Boardwalk).
All CL's offer some special touches like nightly turn-down service, chocolates and good night cards, things of this nature.
All CL's have robes in them, newspaper delivery daily, and a movie library at the concierge desk.
Here are some highlights.
Boardwalk Innkeeper's Club
Lounge is on the fourth floor, but CL rooms are located on both third and fourth floors. Lounge is a good sized, but not huge, room. Most, but NOT all, CL rooms at the BWI have a sleeper sofa. If this is needed (seems like it is for you), then make that noted on your ressie. I think, but am not certain, that the Garden Suite guests also have access to the CL. A note of interest, most of the evening food selections have a decidedly Mediterranean flair. This is most likely because the chefs at Kouzzina prepare the selections. The view from the CL lounge is out to the courtyard - if you look hard enough, you can see the Eiffel Tower in EPCOT. (The view isn't bad, and it's better than some of the others as you'll read below.)
Beach Club Stone Harbor Club
Located on the fifth floor of the BC. All rooms and the lounge are on the same floor. The lounge is similar in size to that of the BW, but I think the BC's lounge is slightly larger. The view is towards the front drive of the BC and the BCV's.
The BC tends to have snacks out all day - not just at assigned times. They had fresh fruit available throughout the day during our stay.
The food offerings vary here from the usual crudites to chicken skewers.
I *think*, but am not 100% certain, that all rooms have a day bed. Regardless, I'd add it to my ressie if needed.
Yacht Club Regatta Club
Rooms and lounge located on fifth floor.
By far, the smallest CL lounge of the ones you listed. It's cozy, however, and has richer accents giving it a more upscale feel. Food offerings are similar to, if not the same as, the BC's. The view from the lounge is the front driveway. Due to its size, this lounge feels the most crowded. It's also one place where CM's encourage you to take your drinks and food with you to your room. (My guess would be to free up tables and space.)
Room situation is same as the BC. Request the sofa bed if needed.
Grand Floridian
There are two different (some might say, quite different) CL's at the GF.
The first (and IMO, the best on property) is the Main House, known as the Royal Palm Club. They have only a few CL rooms in the main building (83 in total, if memory serves). These are located on floors 3-5 of the main building (just above Victoria & Albert's!). The lounge is on the fourth floor. We had a room (I don't recall which floor) that could only be accessed by a "secret" elevator. You had to leave the main building, turn left, and find the small alcove with the elevator. Unusual set-up, but neat in a way. We were able to go to the lounge without going outside; I don't recall the details (middle-age...).
In the main building, the food offerings are usually very good. We even had chefs who had prepared the food come around and ask us what we thought of the offerings. Most views are out towards the water (marina) and theme park.
The second CL option (and less expensive) is the Sugar Loaf Key Building.
This entire building is CL. You need a card to access the doors just to enter. The bottom floor has been dedicated as the club lounge. Views range from the courtyard & pool, to the marina or theme park.

While our favorite is the Main Building of the GF, it is very pricey (we were upgraded on our anniversary). We liked all the others as well. In less than two weeks, we'll be spending one night at the YC CL before we move on to our DVC accommodations.

If you have any more specific questions, please shoot, and I'll do my best!