PDA

View Full Version : Fitting in a monorail ride....

chick20679
08-01-2012, 01:04 PM
This is kind of an odd question, I know, but I'm looking for ideas on how to fit in a monorail ride during our trip next week... It will be me (33) and my roomie (34) going for a quick trip (Tues to Fri) and since she's never been to Disney, I am trying to hit all the things I think she will find 'magical/special'...

We are staying at ASMu and here are our *tentative* plans:

Tue - arrive MCO at noon, plan to get settled and then head to EPCOT for the afternoon/evening
Wed - EMH at AK and lunch at yak & yeti, break for swim/nap then MK in the afternoon/evening
Thu - HS in the AM with lunch at 50's prime-time, break, then MK for anything we missed, then planning on heading to Jellyrolls
Fri - DTD before ME bus picks us up

So.... we don't have much time, and I would really like to get a monorail ride in there somewhere, but can't figure out what is most logical - HELP!?

Thanks!!! :mickey:

SuprDav
08-01-2012, 01:23 PM
On one of your trips to MK, before going into the park just walk up the ramp to the monorail and make the loop thru CR, the Ticket & Trans. Center, Poly, GF and finally back to MK. Then hit the park. I'm not sure how long it would take to make that loop, but I'd guess 30 to 45 minutes. Good luck! :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-01-2012, 02:06 PM
I'd go first thing! Take the bus to MK, and then the monorail to Epcot.

Yes, it will add some to your travel time, but you'll get it in, and the view of Epcot from the arriving monorail is awesome, especially for the first-time visitor.

Scar
08-01-2012, 02:13 PM
On Thur, you can leave MK and monorail to Epcot (assuming you get there by 9:00 or so,) walk through Epcot to the International Gateway and on to Jellyrolls.

faline
08-01-2012, 02:18 PM
On Thur, you can leave MK and monorail to Epcot (assuming you get there by 9:00 or so,) walk through Epcot to the International Gateway and on to Jellyrolls.

This is exactly what I was going to suggest!

AllDisney
08-01-2012, 06:24 PM
Great idea Scar:number1:

beksy
08-01-2012, 11:01 PM

This was my suggestion too...it is great to approach EC in the monorail, and I think at night would be even better! If this doesn't work out, I would suggest going on the Monorail when you go to MK and do the resort loop so she can see some more of the area.

steamboat willy
08-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Everyday or YOU choose!:mickey:

Tues: Bus to MK, don't go in. Monorail to TTC, Monorail to EPCOT. What a way to begin your trip!

Wed: Catch Resort Monorail when leaving MK, stop in Contemporary if you like. Catch Allstar Music Bus at TTC.

Thur: Leave MK, Monorail to TTC, catch EPCOT Monorail. Walk through EPCOT and go through International Gateway and on to Jellyrolls OR Monorail to TTC and bus to Boardwalk Resort.

So, So many options. Enjoy The Ride!:cool:

tinksmom02
08-02-2012, 10:35 PM
I'd go first thing! Take the bus to MK, and then the monorail to Epcot.

Yes, it will add some to your travel time, but you'll get it in, and the view of Epcot from the arriving monorail is awesome, especially for the first-time visitor.

I like this idea, too--there's something special about the Epcot monorail...