PDA

View Full Version : Driving, 3 hotels and packing with infant and toddler questions!

Joannelet
08-01-2012, 10:20 AM
I need some advice. We have just extended our vacation to Disney in September by 2 nights. We will now be going for a full 2 weeks!
This is our millionth trip but our first with 2 children! It is my toddlers 5th trip and my 7 months old (will be 8 months when we go) 1st trip!
Here are my questions: we are driving down (as usual) and normally I just pack an overnight bag with my stuff and my kids stuff since we stop in north carolina.
This time I am not sure what to do because when we arrive in Disney for 3 nights we will be staying in a CARS suite at the Art of Animation Resort. Then moving to AKL for the remainder. I do not want to have to unpack the entire car for the stay at art of animation. Does anyone have suggestions?
The good news is once we go to akl we will have a washer and dryer as we stay using our dvc points and are in a one bedroom.
I am just nervous about packing for 2 kids and also switching hotels with all of our stuff. Someone on another post mentioned putting full days outfits for the boys in plastic baggies so that all you have to do is grab and dress. I LOVE this idea and definitely plan on doing this.
If anyone has other creative suggestions like this or anything simple that could help please let me know! :) i am a 2 kid newbie so any suggestion will help! :) thanks in advance!

VWL Mom
08-01-2012, 10:37 AM
You could pack always pack one suitcase with the clothing for your AOA stay and the rest in separate bags. Since you're driving (if space permits) maybe a basket with a few toys/basics for the kids,just grab and go style.

Once you get to AKL you will have all the dirty clothes in the first suitcase and all the fresh items in the others.

Kairi_7378
08-01-2012, 09:33 PM
Last year, we flew to FL and spent 2 days in the Tampa area before driving to WDW. This is going to sound strange, but I put all of our stuff for Tampa (including small baby supplies for DS) into a duffel bag that fit into one of the other suitcases. All of the dirty laundry for Tampa went into the duffel bag until we got to WDW. Once we were there, I set up our travel hamper and the dirty laundry went in there.

I see you're going in Sept... so are we!

Joannelet
08-05-2012, 03:23 PM
These are great ideas! I will definitely be using these!
We will be there the last 2 weeks in Sept! We cannot wait!

eandrsmom
08-05-2012, 04:05 PM
When we stop midtrip and sleep at a hotel along the way, I pack us a separate small suitcase so that I don't have to unload everything. I've also used the giant ziplock bags for a day's worth of clothes. I put everything I needed for a complete day in one bag. (Pajamas, socks, etc.) I'd do that until you get settled at AKL. Don't forget to pack an extra outfit for each child in your diaper bag, just in case. We have four kids and have been taking them since they were babies. It takes a little more work and organization, but you'll have a great time.

KAT1811
08-06-2012, 03:17 PM
As a mother of 4 traveling with a tribe can get complicated. What I do when we have to move is just simply not unpack. I take out everyone's bags and pull clothes out as needed. I also bring mesh laundry bags for our dirty clothes. If we are resort hopping I officially unpack when we arrive at our "home" resort. I find it easier to keep everyone's things separate. Wat too many of us to start putting things together. We too travel for extened trips, our last stay was 18 days. I always plan on doing laundry during our vacations and pack outfits in the suitcases in piles. I like the baggie idea in theory but can't imagine the amount of baggies I would waste with 4 children. When we drive and stay overnight in a hotel, then I do an overnight bag with a single change of clothes.