PDA

View Full Version : park plan -- thoughts ??!!?!

j2k
08-01-2012, 01:37 AM
I have our basic plan tentatively set as follows. The order of attractions is not set but these are the ones we are trying to get to. Any thoughts?!?!

Sunday - AK - Lion King, Nemo, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Tough to be a Bug, Triceratop Spin, Expedition Everest - Break in Room - Then Epcot for Illuminations

Monday - MK - Fantasyland, Adventureland, Liberty Square, Electrical Parade and Wishes

Tuesday - HS - Toy Story Mania, Tower of Tower, Rock N Roller Coaster, Beauty & the Beast, Little Mermaid, Disney Junior, Fantasmic!

Wednesday - Epcot - Soarin', Crush, Nemo, Circle of Life, World Showcase, Princess late breakfast at Akershus, Visa Cardholders Character greet

Thursday - MK - Tomorrowland, Frontierland

The schedule is intentionally very flexible. Nothing is set, except for the Akershus meal. Any thoughts?

DizneyRox
08-01-2012, 05:41 AM
That seems pretty aggressive.

The AK day is pretty packed, not saying it's not possible, but you're missing a lot of the park.

Epcot is never a one day park, unless the next day is a down day.

MGM is possible, we spend just a few ours there if we go.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-01-2012, 09:36 AM
It is do-able, looks like a great trip.

But, there will be some backtracking (and planning) that has to go into the AK day, to be sure you can catch both shows, and have time for the Safari as well. This is one park we struggle with, and can never time everything right!

We also always spend more than 1 day in Epcot, usually a day for Future World and a day for the World Showcase, so you might feel a bit rushed, dpending if you want to do things that aren't listed. :)

No plan will be perfect, so go with the flow and enjoy the trip. :mickey:

SBETigg
08-01-2012, 11:07 AM
Looks like you're going to have park hoppers, so I would break some days up more. We usually do a park in the morning/afternoon, break, and then an evening park. I don't think you're being overly ambitious. You can get a lot more done than you think. But I find we enjoy parks more by breaking them down into half days.

Also, we don't really check off attractions on a list but hit them as we feel like it, or as they happen along, with the exception of the biggies to Fastpass. Just relax and go with it. If you're too busy trying to fit it all in, you might miss some of the enjoyment that comes with letting your day unfold.

MaterializedHaunt
08-01-2012, 11:58 AM

You sure this is right? These lands are on opposite sides of the park from each other. Although I do like people watching and grabbing snacks and eating so maybe the isn't such a bad idea.

I do honestly think your plans are going to get a little mixed up in the magic and I dont think many people actually 'focus' souly on a straightforward schedule, it's tough.

chick20679
08-01-2012, 12:39 PM
I have our basic plan tentatively set as follows. The order of attractions is not set but these are the ones we are trying to get to. Any thoughts?!?!

Sunday - AK - Lion King, Nemo, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Tough to be a Bug, Triceratop Spin, Expedition Everest - Break in Room - Then Epcot for Illuminations

Monday - MK - Fantasyland, Adventureland, Liberty Square, Electrical Parade and Wishes

Tuesday - HS - Toy Story Mania, Tower of Tower, Rock N Roller Coaster, Beauty & the Beast, Little Mermaid, Disney Junior, Fantasmic!

Wednesday - Epcot - Soarin', Crush, Nemo, Circle of Life, World Showcase, Princess late breakfast at Akershus, Visa Cardholders Character greet

The schedule is intentionally very flexible. Nothing is set, except for the Akershus meal. Any thoughts?

I think this looks pretty good - I think alot depends on what your priorities are (for example, we never spend a full day at HS)
You didn't mention how many people you're travelling with, or their ages... or what time of year you will be in WDW. I think those factors can vary your touring plan quite a bit!
I have similiar 'plans' for out trip next week - not a hard and fast ride by ride schedule, but we do plan on doing one side of MK and then returning another evening for the other side.
I'm sure you'll have a great trip! :mickey:

j2k
08-01-2012, 05:55 PM
I think MK will be the park we spend the most time in. We will probably spend the least time in AK and Epcot.

Yes we have hoppers. This schedule is mostly where we will begin our mornings. We may hop more and we may not. We are taking a leisurely approach to the parks and will probably be at the parks before opening.

I know we won't do it all ... that's why there's always next time!! :mickey: