PDA

View Full Version : POP preferred room request?

tinksmom02
07-31-2012, 07:27 PM
I know requests are not guaranteed but what building/area should I be hoping for when I do online check in? I paid for a preferred room and would prefer something closer to the bus stop & Everything POP and somewhere reasonably quiet (so not directly in front of the pool, I suppose), but I do prefer to be on the ground floor.

LandFan
07-31-2012, 08:04 PM
We prefer the 70's Big Wheel building. It is close to the bus stops (you go the back way by the parking lot and it is a REALLY short walk!), Everything Pop/food court and there is no pool!

We LOVE this building!!

Oh, btw, we typical stay here in standard rooms... I am guessing the wing of the building closest to Classic Hall might have the preferred rooms but I've never felt the need to upgrade to find out since it is so close anyway :)

tinksmom02
07-31-2012, 08:09 PM
We were there in June and had a standard room--building 9 in the 90's section (or 80's?), ground floor room. We had to walk around the 90' parking lot but it wasn't that long of a walk at all. I was tempted to drop the preferred room but what are the odds we'd be able to get the same location twice? And I thought I'd see what preferred was all about.

greengeen
07-31-2012, 09:13 PM
Online checkin doesn't let you make special room location requests. You need to call Central Reservation Office to do that.

tinksmom02
07-31-2012, 10:32 PM
Sorry if I wasn't clear--if I'm not mistaken I was given a choice of building numbers (not guaranteed) the last time we did online check in. I was just wondering if one of the preferred areas would be better for what I like in a room location.

Pirate Granny
08-01-2012, 07:25 AM
We've always been in the 60's when we got preferred...facing the water...no, no, NO pool view for us, did that, done that, it was LOUD, or rather the young adults were loud at 2am!

disneydeb
08-02-2012, 11:50 AM
We faced the pool once and had no trouble with noise, but then again you may. We stay in the 60's section. We had more noise earely in the morning with the gardeners when we stayed on the side behind the pool. The 60's is a great area, close to laundry, pool, buses and food court.