PDA

View Full Version : How early can we arrive on first day?

j2k
07-29-2012, 11:51 PM
We have a 12 hour drive to Orlando and when we arrive we are checking into an offsite hotel to rest and relax from the drive there. The next morning we will check out and go to CSR to check in there and begin our DisneyWorld days. I've read on other threads that other people have done this. We won't have our park tickets until we check into CSR. Can we arrive at CSR around 7am to get tickets, drop off luggage, and then head to parks? I know the room may not be ready and that's fine. Will they refrigerate any groceries we have while they hold our luggage at the front desk?
I'm getting so excited and ready to go. Thanks for helping me clear up my last minute questions.

Niecyboo
07-30-2012, 12:33 AM
Yes! We have checked in early in the AM and gotten over to the parks. When we used to drive, we would just leave our luggage in the car until the room was ready (it seemed easier than taking it in at check in and leaving it with Luggage Services, but that was our choice) but you can bring your luggage in with you in the morning if you prefer.

j2k
07-30-2012, 01:22 AM
Great, thanks!! Since we'll be parking our car in the August heat it will be very hot inside so I'm thinking we'll probably check in at least the luggage and items that can't sit in the heat all day.

We may luck out and have a room ready for us! :fingers:

faline
07-30-2012, 08:53 AM
We have checked in before lunch many times and only rarely was a room ready for us - although that's always a nice surprise!

Yes, they will refrigerate your need to stay cold items and also stow your luggage until your room is ready.

You'll be free to begin your Disney touring!! They'll even send you a text message when your room is ready for you.

j2k
07-30-2012, 12:45 PM
Oh. Text message notification would be awesome!!! I'm so excited! It's getting better and better!!!

#1donaldfan
07-30-2012, 02:35 PM
We have always checked in no later than 7 AM and have about a 50% sucess rate on getting our room at that time !! It doesn't really matter to us, yet getting the room early is a perk !!! Not sure about referigeration prior to getting your room.:mickey: