PDA

View Full Version : Grocery Shopping

queen bee
07-29-2012, 09:45 AM
We're leaving for Disney in about two weeks and are using "Magical Express" from the airport.
In the past, we have used a grocer to deliver food/water/ etc to our on site hotel (this time, the Beach Club), on the day of our arrival.
I detect there are some suppliers of this service less thought of than others, on this site.
Who are you using for this service now and have you been happy with their service?
Thanks for your help.:plane::plane:

MaterializedHaunt
07-29-2012, 01:50 PM
We always use "name removed" to get us our groceries when staying at any DVC resort. I have used them about 3-4 times now. They are great with how their website is set up and everything works out perfectly! They also show up on time!!! Which is a big deal when you have reservations and want to be somewhere at a certain time! There are others out there but why change when this one is so great!

andypooh
07-29-2012, 02:37 PM
"name removed" has been great for us as well

We have had them deliver to BLT around the time we arrive. If it beats us to the hotel they hold it for us and deliver to our room as soon as we arrive

Has always worked out great for us

TinkerbellT421
07-29-2012, 02:47 PM
We always have used "name removed" in the past. But having to order minimums, etc., and with staying at Boardwalk, and never making food in the rooms we figured out it was cheaper and easier to just make the five minute walk to Hess with our folding cart we bring with us and buy our, beer, soda and snacks.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-29-2012, 03:26 PM
There are a bunch of options for this in the Orlando/Disney are, including:

Mr. Grocers, We go shop, Whole foods market and Gooding's Supermarket.

Walmart in the US also delivers, so for things like cases of water it is a great and cost-effective choice.

vzmom
08-01-2012, 11:30 PM
We ordered from strollers and groceries last trip and they were great. We will use them again next trip. We needed a stroller so we ended up getting free delivery on our whole order.

Wolf
08-02-2012, 03:50 PM
I've been in contact with "Strollers and Groceries" Via VZMom's suggestions and while we do not need a stroller, I'm happy with their fast responses and politeness so far, they are going to be our first jump into grocery delivery on our upcoming 10 day. Will for sure post a review once we get back!