PDA

View Full Version : A Whole Week! BLT July 2012 Trip Report Day 4

floridamom
07-28-2012, 07:07 PM
BLT July 2012 Trip Report
July 20-27 BLT 1 BR
Myself, DH, DD10 and DD7.

Day 4: Magic Kingdom, rest, off-property dinner

We began our day by walking over to MK and proceeding with our usual plan of splitting up so I could go get some fastpasses while DH and the girls took a more leisurely walk into Fantasyland. Neither DD wanted to go on Space Mountain today (too bad for me), and it was too early IMO for Splash (I like to be hotter when I get wet), so I walked up to get FPs for BTMRR. The ride itself was down at the time, but FPs were still being distributed, and they told me they would honor them later in the day if the ride was still not working at our return time. So I grabbed them and met back up with the family as they were exiting Peter Pan. We then proceeded to cover most of the other Fantasyland attractions before heading back to Frontierland.

We stopped to get Splash Mountain FPs (it was heating up quickly) and noticed that BTMRR was just reopening. We jumped into the standby line and basically walked on, and then used our FPs to ride again. Nice! We had a snack and browsed in nearby shops until it was time to ride Splash and after that we caught the train to Storybook Circus. The girls enjoyed playing in the Dumbo tent, even though there wasn’t a wait. The CM just told us to come back when we were ready to ride.

By now we were ready to head back to BLT for lunch- so nice to be able to do that. We made it back to the room just as the skies opened up. The rain continued on and off throughout the afternoon, which gave us a good excuse to be lazy. I realized this was the halfway point of our trip, and as we are normally used to shorter weekend trips, it was perfect timing.

We decided to head off-property for dinner since we needed to pick up a few groceries anyway. We chose Macaroni Grill, which we find to be reliable, if not exciting. Crusty bread and warm pasta hit the spot on a rainy, cooler (ha) evening.

The weather cleared in time for Wishes, which we enjoyed from our balcony again. DD10 (who is our early riser) actually watched from her “bed”—the sleeper sofa and was asleep within minutes after the finale. A fitting conclusion to our more restful day. :mickey:

AgentC
07-28-2012, 07:18 PM
Great day and great BTMRR timing. After reading your first four days, I might add more on to one of our trips. We usually do long weekends too and your pace on the longer trip seems really relaxing.

floridamom
07-28-2012, 09:24 PM
Agent C, I would really recommend it. We always enjoy touring the parks, bur this felt more like a vacation. We lucked into getting a week at BLT when we were originally only looking for 3-4 nights. It will be hard to go back to weekends during the school year, but it's better than nothing!!

faline
07-29-2012, 04:25 PM
You got a lot accomplished in the park and avoided the rains! Nice day!

emerzmom
07-31-2012, 10:21 AM
What a great day and a perfect ending for your daughter to fall asleep watching Wishes from her bed.....:cloud9:
I am enjoying your trip reports!
:tink:
Julie

January-2007
08-03-2012, 10:19 AM
Thanks for reporting!

DizNee143
08-06-2012, 09:38 PM
What a nice day at the MK! :mickey: