PDA

View Full Version : Pleasure Island gone. What to do?

dkmwong
07-28-2012, 03:18 PM
Hi all, We will be down in October and my DW and I wanted to take daughter who just turned 21 and her boyfriend who is also 21 to Pleasure Island and have drinks. But when I found out it was no longer there we were disappointed. So my question is Where can we go to have drinks now with that Pleasure Island feel? Thanks to all who respond :mickey:

faline
07-28-2012, 03:46 PM
I haven't been but, by all accounts, Jellyrolls at Boardwalk is a fun location.

Madame Leona
07-28-2012, 04:18 PM
I have been to Jelly Rolls and that is a great place to go have a cocktail. The dueling pianos are awesome and entertaining!!

Kairi_7378
07-28-2012, 04:43 PM
I would consider visiting all of the monorail resorts, and having a drink at each of the lounges. (If you had to pick one place to go, I'd consider the GF or the Poly for the tropical drinks.)

Madame Leona
07-28-2012, 05:26 PM
I like the monorail idea!!! It's fun to sample at Epcot also. I haven't been but I've heard good things about the tequila bar in Mexico.

Pastcastmember1715
07-28-2012, 06:22 PM
You can still stop over at the Margarita Bar along the dock next to Capt Jacks grab a table along the water and enjoy :number1:

Pop Centurion
07-28-2012, 06:39 PM
The Boardwalk at night is a good option for the entertainment & a night out at a club feel, but I prefer World Showcase for it's more cultural aspect. It's almost like being a tourist in those countries & trying something new. La Cava del Tequila is my favorite.
I also enjoy the Tambu lounge in the Poly but a Lapu Lapu might not be the best 1st drink to introduce your daughter to if she's not used to alcohol . ;)

MaterializedHaunt
07-28-2012, 06:44 PM
I would consider visiting all of the monorail resorts, and having a drink at each of the lounges. (If you had to pick one place to go, I'd consider the GF or the Poly for the tropical drinks.)

Ya you can do like a bar hopping around those 3 resorts, that sounds like fun! I might wanna try this. Also, at the Poly O'hana bar they have this pineapple drink that comes inside the actual pineapple! It looks amazing and I bet it tastes amazing, I didnt have time to get it when I was there last but I have ADRs for O'hana in Sept! :marg:

DisneyDINK
07-28-2012, 10:38 PM
Kimono's at the swan has Karaoke nightly. Let's see what tunes the 20-somethings will croak out after they've had a few. :party:

Raglan road is a fun Irish bar with some entertainment in the evenings.

I'll echo the Jellyrolls idea. Good one!

Narcoosse's for drinks during Wishes, or other times, but especially during Wishes.

You might stop off at the Rose & Crown in Epcot for a pint of beer or cider. I always enjoy that.

Biergarten is a fun dinner choice. You can enjoy liters of good German lager while listening to the Oom-Pa band. You'll want to drink extra if they seat you with some stoic nimrods, though...

October means football. ESPN Zone?

spinnerf
07-29-2012, 09:02 PM
How about the bar at Port Orleans RIverside??? The piano guy there will not let you down and you will have a teriffic time!! I'd also second Jellyrolls.

lovemy3girls
07-29-2012, 10:00 PM
I second Riverside! Piano man Bob is awesome. Makes for a fun evenings. You could go from there to DTD via boat and then get drinks at Raglan Road.

Cinderelley
07-30-2012, 03:12 AM
The Food & Wine Festival happens in October. You can try different drinks from around the world.

Jellyrolls and Raglan Road are a lot of fun too.

Wolf
07-30-2012, 01:10 PM
For my 21st me and Moma Wolf went through some countries in EPCOT and LOVED it!! :marg:

Crow
07-30-2012, 09:53 PM
I like Epcot, the atmosphere and diff types of drinks.:marg::beer:
if you go to Universal they still have Citywalk.

TinkerbellT421
07-30-2012, 10:00 PM
If she enjoys shopping you can still go to Downtown Disney and Pleasure Island and stop along the many Margarita bars while you shop. There is always plenty and fun entertainment at night at Downtown Disney as well. Or like a previous poster suggested Boardwalk is tons of fun at night and also can stop along outside ESPN Club they have a portable beer counter they setup at night and you can grab some drinks to go and watch the entertainment or stop in at Atlantic Dance Club or Jellyrolls.

mom2morgan
08-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Makes me laugh because my poor Canadian kid is mad as a hatter. She's 20 so she's been drinking here for 2 years, and now won't be able to have a cocktail in the World! LOL - she actually asked us to defer our trip till after her birthday *eye roll*

Lindsey310
08-10-2012, 01:04 PM
Boardwalk at night is always a great option.
I love the piano singer at port Orleans riverside (our family still calls it dixie landing lol), he is there select nights and it's a fun time.
Also downtown has some great options like the lakeside margarita place or we love "gorillas in the mist" from planet Hollywood, on weekends, there is a dj spinning live music. We love to grab an appetizer and drink there. Enjoy and cheers! :beer:

MargaretMessler
08-10-2012, 04:16 PM
You could always take a night and "drink around the World" at Epcot. My best girlfriend and I are planning on doing that on an upcoming trip.

mdricks
08-10-2012, 05:13 PM
Wohooo!! Finally something I know a lot about, drinking with the Mouse!

party- jellyrolls, Atlantic, rose and crown (weekends)

bar/loud- ESPN, Big River, Raglan Road nights (good music), Kimonos (karaoke)

bar/not-so-loud- Cava Del Tequila, Raglan Road Days, Rose and crown weekdays, Tune in lounge, Yak and Yeti, Hamarabe, Fulton's (best apps to go with drinks), Bongos

bar/quiet-sophisticated/cocktails- Cali Grill, Narcoses, Shula's

I know I am missing quite a few and there are some I don’t remember with good reason (I am presuming shots of Sake are out of the question!)

Bottoms up!
:number1:

Crow
08-10-2012, 10:14 PM
sake is not out of the question for me:thumbsup:i stop by Japan every trip to have some in the store.
Cava de Tequila is small. but they had a good deal where u can get a shot for like $5 if u sign up for their tweets
Im tempted to try the new wine bar in Italy, as I dont imbibe in that country as much.
Kimonos karaoke..i was there once during it. some guy came in alone, read a book, got up and sang sorta, then went back to his book...
theres some bars by the pools too

Christine
08-11-2012, 05:05 PM
My first picks:
First - Jellyrolls
Second- World Showcase
Third- drink around the monorail (and territory lounge at wilderness lodge)

With PI gone, it's a whole different ballgame. But there's still plenty of fun to be found :party: :beer:
And don't forget Splitsville is coming soon...

LebelJD
08-19-2012, 09:34 PM
Another vote for the Boardwalk and Epcot.

The tequila bar in Mexico is nice but small, worth staying if you get a table. Rose & Crown is a blast when Pam/Carol are playing piano.

And if you're close to MK, I second the recommendation forTambu at the Poly.