PDA

View Full Version : Best memory at a CS restaurant

Cinderelley
07-27-2012, 11:07 PM
Another thread made me think about all the fun we have had while we were eating together.

One of my favorite memories was at Pecos Bill's. Our flight home was overbooked, so the airline asked for volunteers to fly out the next morning. My kids and I volunteered, so the airline paid for our room in a hotel at the airport. Being the Disneyfied mother I am (;)), I quickly booked a rental car and we headed back to WDW. It was in October, so the Halloween decorations were out. The kids and I had just finished reading a fictional book about kids having to save Disney World from evil Disney characters. With screams from Splash Mountain in the background, we each took turns telling "spooky" stories about Disney World. Yes, :thedolls: It's a Small World figured prominently in some of them.

What's your favorite memory at a cs restaurant?

Kenny1113
07-28-2012, 04:37 AM
About six years ago we were eating a late lunch/early dinner at Pinocchio's Village Hause. My younger DS was asleep in the stroller, as was my friends DD. our two older DSs had just purchased swords on this visit to MK. As the place was completely empty ( does this even happen any more:confused:) they were sword fighting. Well one of the CMs there grabbed the sheath to one of the swords and joined in the fight. :)
The boys thought it was the coolest thing ever and had so much fun! They talked about that for the longest time. :mickey:

Cinderelley
07-28-2012, 05:39 AM
About six years ago we were eating a late lunch/early dinner at Pinocchio's Village Hause. My younger DS was asleep in the stroller, as was my friends DD. our two older DSs had just purchased swords on this visit to MK. As the place was completely empty ( does this even happen any more:confused:) they were sword fighting. Well one of the CMs there grabbed the sheath to one of the swords and joined in the fight. :)
The boys thought it was the coolest thing ever and had so much fun! They talked about that for the longest time. :mickey:

I need a job where I can do stuff like that. :D

Kairi_7378
07-28-2012, 08:56 AM
I need a job where I can do stuff like that. :D
Me too :thumbsup:

I have a story that isn't as playful but was a really nice beginning to our trip.

Last year, we ate our first meal of the trip at Sunshine Seasons. DS and I were waiting in the seating area, and Dh went to go get the food. We were approached by a employee who was bussing the tables, and he stopped to chat with everyone as he worked. He saw my son's b-day button, and asked if he'd been there before. I explained that it was his first trip, and the busboy said, "I'll be right back." He returned with a "My First Trip" button for my son, and said that it was from Mickey Mouse. We chatted about his favorite attractions in the park until my husband returned. He waved to us every time we passed through the Land for the rest of the week!

Dulcee
07-28-2012, 09:10 AM
My SIL got engaged in Disney last year. They stopped to eat at Pecos Bills with their "engaged" buttons. A castmember asked if they got engaged in WDW and then proceeded to ask if her fiance had gotten down on one knee. When he said he hadn't the castmember "demanded" a re-do.

So in the middle of Pecos Bills he got down and did it all over again, while the castmember filmed and a crowd gathered. It's an awesome video.

missastrocat
07-28-2012, 04:04 PM
My favorite memory at a CS occurred at the Yorkshire Fish & Chips. I got in line to order while my mom hunted down a table nearby overlooking the water. No sooner had I sat down with our fish & chips that the clouds just let loose and it POURED down raining. :umbrella:No thunder, no lightning.. just a monsoon. Mom and I donned our dollar tree ponchos and continued eating our soggy lunch. We just laughed and laughed because it was so crazy. It was also fun watching people scatter looking for cover (which is actually hard to do in the UK). It flooded a lot of the walkways between UK and France. As soon as we crossed the footbridge over to France, it was nice and sunshiney again.:sun:

joonyer
07-28-2012, 09:45 PM
The first year we went as a family our boys were 6 & 9. We went into Cosmic Ray's for lunch, and we had no idea about Sonny Eclipse. When he came up onto the stage and began playing the kids were mesmerized. They had such a great time dancing down in front of the stage. It was one of their highlights of that trip.

darthmacho
07-28-2012, 11:35 PM
Nothing exciting or funny about my story, but one of my favorite QS memories was from our 2012 trip. We were visiting MK on the Saturday before Labor Day, and it was HOT and CROWDED. All of the rides had long lines so were were looking for something to do to keep cool, and since we were hungry, we stopped into Pecos Bill's. The lunch rush was over, so the restaurant was not crowded at all, and we got a nice seat near the back, which was cool, dark, and quiet. DW and I ate a nice relaxing meal as DD slept cozily in her stroller as we soaked in the atmosphere and enjoyed the theming, something you can't really do when it's crowded. That was a nice memory. :mickey:

I also recall our first ever CS meal at Pinocchio Haus. We were on our honeymoon, and we were having a good laugh pointing out the innuendos in the dining room murals. :blush:

Cinderelley
07-30-2012, 06:17 AM
Pecos Bill's is always a must-do for us.

DonLefNY
07-30-2012, 07:57 AM
3 years ago we went into Pizzafari at the AK for a late breakfast. After the four of us ordered a CM came up to us and said we had been selected for some "Magical Treatment". She took us to a roped off area to a table with a table cloth, cloth napkins and real silverware. Then another CM brought our meals to us. Not what I usually expect there. :mickey:

MaterializedHaunt
07-30-2012, 11:17 AM
Growing up we never really ate as a family. And this is just going to be a boring memory but it's my good feeling about it that sticks in my head. We were at MGM in the stage tour CS (next to star tours) and just sitting there eating as a family at that moment just stuck in my head nicely. Nothing special just a nice family meal together.

Scar
07-30-2012, 12:01 PM
Growing up we never really ate as a family. And this is just going to be a boring memory but it's my good feeling about it that sticks in my head. We were at MGM in the stage tour CS (next to star tours) and just sitting there eating as a family at that moment just stuck in my head nicely. Nothing special just a nice family meal together.Maybe boring, but the best post in this thread. :thumbsup:

SBETigg
07-30-2012, 02:19 PM
Nothing exciting or funny about my story, but one of my favorite QS memories was from our 2012 trip.

Whoa, wait-- you haven't even taken that trip yet! Time traveling or predicting the future? :cool: That's going to be awesome.

Mine is from 2010, Captain Cook's. We split up in the morning, husband and I went for massages at GF Spa, kids went to Animal Kingdom. Husband and I walked back from the spa to the Poly (where we were staying) in pouring rain, still fragrant and slightly oily from massage oils (which they recommend you don't rinse off right away to prolong the benefits). We went to Captain Cook's first to grab a bite to bring back to our room. But it was still pouring and not crowded at Captain Cook's. We found a good corner table and settled in. Our kids (then 17 and 19) happened to come in from their AK morning at the same time and joined us and told us all about their awesome adventures. It was one of those perfect Disney afternoons, pouring rain and all.

brad192
07-30-2012, 06:00 PM
I told this story back in '07 in one of my trip reports from the ICOT 10th celebration.

I was in AK & needed lunch, so I headed to Flame Tree and ordered food. I walked to one of the dining areas there & proceeded to dig in when a big ol’ male Mallard duck started pecking away on the pocket of my shorts, wanting a handout. I looked him straight in the eyes. He stopped pecking & looked back. We stared at each other a moment. Then I told him, in no uncertain terms, “Mr. Duck, you are a duck and need to eat duck type food. I have nothing here for you.” Yes, I honestly said this to him. He looked at me a moment longer, then turned, shook his head, and walked away like he actually understood me! I just sat there dumbfounded with a goofy look on my face. This whole scene was played out in front of a family of 4 next to me who, upon completion of my conversation with Mr. Duck, began laughing hysterically. I thought a moment & then told them that my great uncle was, in fact, Dr. Doolittle. This got another round of laughter, and a thumbs up from mom & dad.

It was a really fun moment! :mickey:

Cinderelley
07-31-2012, 02:34 AM
I told this story back in '07 in one of my trip reports from the ICOT 10th celebration.

I was in AK & needed lunch, so I headed to Flame Tree and ordered food. I walked to one of the dining areas there & proceeded to dig in when a big ol’ male Mallard duck started pecking away on the pocket of my shorts, wanting a handout. I looked him straight in the eyes. He stopped pecking & looked back. We stared at each other a moment. Then I told him, in no uncertain terms, “Mr. Duck, you are a duck and need to eat duck type food. I have nothing here for you.” Yes, I honestly said this to him. He looked at me a moment longer, then turned, shook his head, and walked away like he actually understood me! I just sat there dumbfounded with a goofy look on my face. This whole scene was played out in front of a family of 4 next to me who, upon completion of my conversation with Mr. Duck, began laughing hysterically. I thought a moment & then told them that my great uncle was, in fact, Dr. Doolittle. This got another round of laughter, and a thumbs up from mom & dad.

It was a really fun moment! :mickey:

That is hilarious!

Cinderelley
07-31-2012, 02:35 AM
Growing up we never really ate as a family. And this is just going to be a boring memory but it's my good feeling about it that sticks in my head. We were at MGM in the stage tour CS (next to star tours) and just sitting there eating as a family at that moment just stuck in my head nicely. Nothing special just a nice family meal together.

Spending time together is what I like best about Disney :)

IamBelle
07-31-2012, 10:21 AM
My favorite memory at a CS occurred at the Yorkshire Fish & Chips...No sooner had I sat down with our fish & chips that the clouds just let loose and it POURED down raining. :umbrella:No thunder, no lightning.. just a monsoon. Mom and I donned our dollar tree ponchos and continued eating our soggy lunch. We just laughed and laughed because it was so crazy. It was also fun watching people scatter looking for cover (which is actually hard to do in the UK)...

That is also a favorite CS memory of mine! It seems like whenever we go to get fish and chips it starts to pour (must be a UK thing lol). We usually hide for cover under the umbrellas near where Off Kilter plays and eat our lunch in the rain.
Another CS memory was the first time we ate at the Cantina in Mexico at the right time to see Illuminations. Now it is a tradition we do every trip!
Also another cool thing that happened to us was last year when we were eating breakfast outside the Main Street Bakery. We managed to get the tables right outside near Main Street. We always get the sticky buns and watch the Good Morning parade down Main Street. Well on this particular morning, one of the performers ran over to us right before it started and had a wonderful conversation about how delicious our breakfast looked. And the best part was my mom was filming for the start of the parade when this happened so we got it all on tape!

Wolf
07-31-2012, 10:40 AM
Mine is from AK and Pizzafari we always eat breakfast there our first day in AK each trip, we always sit at the same table by ourselves, and open our vinyls for that morning and just enjoy the sights and smells from AK. They have the best breakfast pizza there, its just become a tradition and I have pictures of us from almost everytime we've eaten there, usually there are birds doing something and birds happen to be my weakness so I love to watch them while we relax before really getting started in attack mode.

darthmacho
07-31-2012, 10:52 AM
Nothing exciting or funny about my story, but one of my favorite QS memories was from our 2012 trip.

Whoa, wait-- you haven't even taken that trip yet! Time traveling or predicting the future? :cool: That's going to be awesome.

Oops! That was from our 2003 trip actually! :blush:

Can you tell that I'm a little obsessed about the upcoming trip? :thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
07-31-2012, 12:37 PM

In no way is this boring !! I too, think it's the best thread of the century !! I wish I were there right now with my family, laughing, having fun and eating at our favorite place !! Great read !!:mickey:

beksy
08-02-2012, 01:14 AM
I think my best memory was from one of the trips we took when I was growing up (so back in the early 90's probably). It was mid-summer, so hot and humid even though it was later in the evening. We stopped at Pinnochio's Village Haus for something to eat and were all cranky. Mom, my sister, and I got a table by the window looking down on IASW while Dad got food. When Dad got back with the food and my sister sat up (she was around 5) to eat, she noticed that the window looked down on the ride. She instantly perked up and thought the people waving on the boats were waving specifically at her. Of course she not only waved back but insisted we all do the same so we spent the next hour or so just relaxing in the A/C waving at my sisters "new friends" as she called them. We left feeling refreshed and being reminded about how fun the small things are.