PDA

View Full Version : RFID in Test Phase at CR

Maleficent's Dad
07-27-2012, 06:50 PM
Guests checking into CR are being asked if they want to voluntarily sign up for RFID when paying at the resort. Thus far, The Wave and all stores on the fourth floor will accept RFID room keys for payments. All purchases over $50 require a pin security code chosen at check-in by the guest. Plan goes into effect on August first.

The future is upon us.

VWL Mom
07-27-2012, 08:10 PM
The were changing all the locks at BLT when we were the at the end of June. I'm just not sure I'd want to be in the test group based on the IT problems Disney is known for. Few months down the road I'd consider it.

chefmickey3
07-27-2012, 08:29 PM
What does RFID stand for?

Melanie
07-27-2012, 08:51 PM
The were changing all the locks at BLT when we were the at the end of June. I'm just not sure I'd want to be in the test group based on the IT problems Disney is known for. Few months down the road I'd consider it.

Hey! I'll be at BLT in a few months...along with a few other of my INTERCOT friends. :thumbsup:

joonyer
07-27-2012, 09:15 PM
What does RFID stand for?

Radio-Frequency IDentification (RFID) . It is the use of a wireless non-contact system that uses radio-frequency electromagnetic fields to transfer data from a tag attached to an object, for the purposes of automatic identification and tracking. My guess is that they will use cards or key fob type objects to carry the chips. Does anybody know?

DizneyRox
07-28-2012, 08:01 AM
My guess is that they will use cards or key fob type objects to carry the chips. Does anybody know?
Cards... They do this on the ships, the cards are no different [in appearance] than the KTTW cards they use at WDW.

MaterializedHaunt
07-28-2012, 01:25 PM
For all of you who are unsure of what RFID is and what's going to be happening, Intercot did a nice podcast on this with John, Melanie, Carol, Gary and Michael (SG). CLICK HERE šoš----> PodCast 19 - Knickers and Pantaloons (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2011/episode-19.asp)

LVT
07-29-2012, 08:39 AM
The tags are minute and easy to process into lots of shapes, items. We used ones that were similar to 2 inch pieces of invisible tape for tracking shipping of items.

Ed
07-29-2012, 09:02 AM
Cards... They do this on the ships, the cards are no different [in appearance] than the KTTW cards they use at WDW.

They are also used at Art of Animation. KTTWs appear no different from the ones used in the past.