PDA

View Full Version : DL Fantasmic Dessert Party....Help??

mariak
07-27-2012, 11:03 AM
Hello,

I noticed some posts regarding the DL Fantasmic dessert party on the “Fantasmic East vs. West” thread. We've done the one at WDW for Wishes and MM&Y show 3 times now and love it! I’m trying to decide whether or not to book the Fantasmic Dessert party for 6 of us. When I called a few days ago, there was still available seating….probably because of the high price tag. But I’m sure I still need to act soon. My question is, is it worth it? I'm pretty sure it's higher than what we pay at WDW for the dessert party which is all you can eat - not a box. And viewing, so far, has not been a problem at WDW-Tomorrowland Terrace.

We are headed to DL in a couple weeks for 3-4 days as a side trip from San Diego where my nephew is getting married. My parents, who will be joining us, have never seen Fantasmic (we had just missed cut off of the line when we took them to WDW a few years ago) so that is on our list "to do". I really don’t want them to miss it again…especially if DL really is that much better. From the sound of things, I'm glad that we saw WDW first.

Last year, we were in San Diego when my nephew proposed to his girlfriend. Of course, my Disney family HAD to spend our one free day to drive up to DL. I had booked a World of Color Dining package for us thinking that we'd have a great view. We had park hopped that day and arrived about 25 minutes before the show and ended up standing behind quite a few people and next to a kid with a glow sword that was very distracting. Now I'm left wondering, if I do book the Fantasmic dessert party, do we actually get good, “reserved”, seats? Is it worth the $60/pp price tag? If the desserts are good, viewing is actually "reserved", and we really will have a good view, I would say it might be money well spent. However, I'd hate to spend $350.00 and end up struggling to see the show again.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Maria

LuvsTigger80
07-27-2012, 02:45 PM
I have never done this dessert package at Fantasmic. But I do know that you will have your own seating section that sits right above the crowd sitting by the water. They look to be good seats. And you will have chairs to sit in. And you won't have to worry about running into the problem you did with World of Color. Hopes this helps. I think you will be paying more for the location then the desserts. :mickey:

mariak
07-31-2012, 03:40 PM
Thanks so much! It's nice to hear that you think the seats seem to be good ones. I haven't found much information that addresses my specific question as to whether or not those reserved seats are really worth it or not. One post said that they heard that this is a new location which may not be as good as the old one. I'd just hate to pay for those seats only to realize that they're not so great. I truly appreciate your help! Our anniversary is the following night so we may go ahead and just do it.

Maria

Elias1901
08-31-2012, 03:01 PM
Disneyland's dessert package for Fantasmic! to me, is a smidge overpriced. But what isn't these days? $60 for a small dessert tray and a plastic folding chair to sit on. Out of everything, I think I most enjoy how the convience factor of showing up last minute kicks in and actually getting a great view and a chair to park your rear end on!

Personally, I wish Disney made this more limited and scattered a few small white-clothed, circular tables, perhaps lit by candlelight in the seating area and served dinner fare off of a limited menu. I think my mom said it best when she said that the word "dessert" sounds a bit chinsey for $60. But sixty bucks for dinner on the other hand, isn't all too rare at Disneyland!