PDA

View Full Version : All Stars - Preferred vs. Standard?

Puppy Mom
07-26-2012, 09:24 PM
Can someon explain the difference between a standard and a preferred room at the AS resorts.

Any preference between Movies vs. Music

cer
07-26-2012, 09:52 PM
The difference is the location of the rooms in relation to the main building/food court/bus stop. Preferred rooms are closer.

I don't have an opinion on Music vs Movies, as we have never stayed at Movies.

:mickey:

gerald72
07-26-2012, 10:55 PM
Location!

IamBelle
07-27-2012, 03:53 PM
I have stayed in both Movies and Music and like them both, but I would go with Music because it is the second bus stop picking up and dropping off. (Sports is first and movies is last). When I stayed in movies, we were in a standard room in the Love Bug section. It was quiet, however it was a little walk to get to the main area and the pool. When I stayed in music, I stayed in the preferred Calypso area and really liked it. I stayed in the first building which was steps away from the pool and main area. I also stayed in the Rock section, which isn't preferred, but it wasn't a bad walk at all. For the all-star resorts, I like the preferred but if you want to save money with the standard rooms, it is not that bad of a walk. Have fun on your vacation!

megustamex
07-27-2012, 05:03 PM
I hate the preferred rooms because they are closest to the pool which is LOUD. That is what makes them preferred - they are right on the pool and closest to the lobby building. It depends on what is important to you. I don't mind walking for a peaceful night's sleep. There are closer buildings in all the resorts - Mighty Ducks is still pretty close to the main building in Movies; Jazz buildings are pretty close in Music. I always make a request for the building when I book and I have always been accommodated.

Movies were totally rehabbed last year so the rooms are fresh and new. We stayed in Mighty Ducks and loved it - we could go to either the Music or Movies food court or the Mighty Ducks or main pool easily. Music has older rooms but has the DJ by the pool and pool games, so it's a little more fun if you have kids. I also prefer the Music food court because the tables aren't directly in front of the food purchase area, they are off to the side and a little more peaceful. I'd stay in either though.

AllDisney
07-27-2012, 05:41 PM
I also don't care for the preferred rooms. We always ask for top floors and away from the pools.

Both resorts are equally great to stay at:mickey:

cer
07-27-2012, 08:56 PM
We just requested a preferred room location that did not front the pool.

Very quiet, and still close. :mickey:

YogiBrain
08-08-2012, 09:08 PM
I will be staying in a preferred room at All Star Movies next week, I called to request the Toy Story building. I'll let you know how it goes.

steamboat willy
08-09-2012, 08:23 AM
We always request Preferred Building as well Poolside Room location at MUSIC. This is the Calypso Buildings 1 & 10. DW takes a break everyday while I "break" at the pool. Noise has never, never been a concern or problem. We enjoy walking out the door and being at the pool. :vacation: JAZZ is the next closest. :cool:

KAT1811
08-09-2012, 09:13 AM
I hate the preferred rooms because they are closest to the pool which is LOUD. That is what makes them preferred - they are right on the pool and closest to the lobby building.

:ditto:

I would never want to be in a room right in front of the pool. It gets loud quick and stays loud late.

I'm with the PP that said that they would rather walk for a quiet night's sleep. But it all comes down to personal preference