PDA

View Full Version : Dinner package for Epcot for Candlelight Processional

Catzle
07-25-2012, 09:12 PM
We want to see the show and have the Mexican restaurant booked to get a seat but I am hearing its not that great and over priced.

What is the best place for the dinner package in Epcot for Candlelight Processional ?

There are 7 of us going including two kids aged 11 & 13.

Thanks

Catzle
07-25-2012, 09:31 PM
La Hacienda de San Angel

I believe this is where we have booked since its the only Mexican restaurant on the list for this package.

Reviews on here say its dark, packed and not so good?

mariak
07-25-2012, 09:48 PM
We've done the the Candlelight Dinner Package twice and, both times, we booked Le Cellier. It's one of our favorite places to eat. I've NEVER heard anything good about the Mexican restaurant (inside the pyramid) so we have never tried it. I have heard that the newer one (next to the lake) is better. I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the other restaurants in Epcot though. With your size group, I think Teppan Edo would be fun for everyone. The filet is great there too! Have a magical time!:santa:

Maria

Catzle
07-25-2012, 10:03 PM
Teppan Edo

You think this is better then the new Mexican restaurant. We have an Icihiban in our area, I am assuming same thing. Do they cook shrimp, and pork etc. with rice?

Dulcee
07-26-2012, 07:43 AM
Teppan Edo

You think this is better then the new Mexican restaurant. We have an Icihiban in our area, I am assuming same thing. Do they cook shrimp, and pork etc. with rice?

If you have a similar hibachi restaurant at home Teppan Edo isn't all that different.

San Angel Inn (the restaurant inside the main Mexico pavilion) has some of the best atmosphere in World Showcase. Kids will love watching the ride boats go by and watching the volcano. Since its situated as if you are next to a Mexican market it is a little louder then some restaurants and yes the lights are kept dimmed. We've eaten there many times. We always enjoy it. The food is on the Americanized side of Mexican food its generally a nice meal.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
07-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Our CP dinner package this year is booked at the Garden Grill in the Land building. It is also character dining. While I've never eaten here, it generally gets thumbs up from those who've eaten there.

Two years ago we did Coral Reef as part of the CP package. It wasn't bad and you aren't familiar, the main wall in the restaurant is actually an aquarium that you can see into.

With seven in your party getting a table for everyone could be difficult. Biergarten in Germany is family style and might be more accomodating, plus they do a nice show with German music (it's buffet style).

If you are on the DDP you can book the CP as part of the dining plan, but be aware that it uses 2 TS entitlements.

Definitely use the CP dinner package as getting into the show without one requires spending a lot of time waiting in the queue line hoping to get into a performance. Its a deceptively big theater but the shows popularity makes it almost impossible to just walk up and get a seat.