PDA

View Full Version : Water shoes in water parks

chefmickey3
07-25-2012, 07:38 PM
Can you wear water shoes throughout TL? What do you do on the slides? Are crocs better? Thanks.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-25-2012, 08:35 PM
Yes, you can wear watershoes throughout the park.

If they are the "real" water shoes, you can leave them on for the slides. For shoes like crocs you can hold them while you go down.

We always wear shoes, the pavement just gets way too hot!

PirateLover
07-28-2012, 12:45 PM
Some of the body slides they don't even want you wearing water shoes, but they are easy enough to hold while you go down. The vast majority of the slides will allow you to keep your water shoes on, but as stated, they must be water shoes, not crocs or flip flops.

Melanie
07-28-2012, 12:48 PM
If you have them, wear them! The pavement certainly does get way hot in the warmer months. We didn't wear them when we went last month, but there were plenty of times I thought to myself I wish we had.

LVT
08-02-2012, 07:27 AM
It is not only the hot pavement. Some of the non-skid texturing was abrasive to my feet as well.

Mousemates
08-22-2012, 11:17 AM
wear the shoes...after an overnight drive we always spend the first day at a waterpark (I tend to mostly veg-out in the lazy river or snooze in shade while the family runs full tilt)...and on our last trip I left my shoes at the chairs and ended up with tender soles of my feet from walking around the edge of the big wave pool and the paths that meander through the park.

If you go barefoot alot around a pool at home you would probably be ok, but barefoot is pretty much a waterpark thing for me.

joonyer
08-22-2012, 11:28 AM
I like to wear my croc sandals in the waterparks. They are a little lighter and less bulky and easier to hold on to on the slides than my regular croc shoes; I can stick my hands right through them, one on each hand. As others have said, anything on your feet is great in the heat of summer when the pavement can get really hot. :sun: :whew:

Tigerinvestigator
08-22-2012, 11:58 AM
Here I go again in the minority. We were at both water parks in July and I never experienced the walkways getting hot. Maybe I have a greater tolerance but we parked our shoes at our chairs and never saw them again until it was time to leave, other than going to the restroom. No way would I ever go to the restroom at a water park without shoes!!!:thumbsup:

SurferStitch
08-23-2012, 12:29 PM
DH and I wore them at TL. They really saved our feet.

We weren't allowed to wear them on any of the slides, but it was easy enough to hold them on the way down.

Dsnygirl
08-27-2012, 11:50 AM
Yes, you can wear them, and if they're the "real deal", you can keep them on for most slides. Our girls LIVED in them the first time we were there. Now, however, we prefer flip flops... we never found the pavement to be too hot (even in August) and it was nice to be in the wave pools barefoot, as my girls seemed to periodically lose a water shoe now & again. But if your kids are little? I'd definitely give them a go...