PDA

View Full Version : Stroller

Harkleroad
07-25-2012, 03:51 PM
I know that there are are always discussions on stollers - bring from home, rent for Disney, etc. I have two boys 3 1/2 and 6. We go to Disney yearly in Oct. and drive down with a stroller which takes up considerable trunk space. Last year the stroller just seemed like something extra to keep up with. My boys are troopers and we normally take a break to rest so there is no real stroller napping. Does anyone take younger kids and not use a stroller at all? Is it a completely crazy idea?

AgentC
07-25-2012, 04:19 PM
I don't think it is crazy to not use one based on what you described.

I still use a stroller for my 4 year old because she occasionally does nap in the stroller and because she is very tall. If she does get tired, it is more effort to carry than to push the stroller around.

I did break down on my last trip and rent a stroller so my 6 year old could ride, but it was July and it was really hot. Since you are going in Oct, I don't see the temperature being an issue. My son was fine when we went last October and last April as well without the stroller.

I think you will be fine.

minnie04
07-25-2012, 04:24 PM
Honestly, since you said your boy's are troopers. I would scratch the idea of taking a stroller this time and just rent one if you see that you need it. If worse comes to worse you can always buy one at Wal-Mart. Or even two umbrella strollers (cheap), but I don't think you will need more then the parks have to offer. Unless you plan to hit the sights outside Disney (walls)..lol.. Even the malls have them to rent.. :mickey:

VWL Mom
07-25-2012, 04:25 PM
My boys were both out of the stroller by the time there were three, they just liked to be up and about. We took breaks when they were tired and it worked fine for us. When they started to fade, we'd just call it a night and go back to the hotel. Some days we'd head back late afternoon for a swim and never make it back to the park, whatever worked best. And, oh boy, did they ever sleep soundly!

greengeen
07-25-2012, 08:16 PM
My kids (all 3) quit using a stroller at 3 years old and never looked back. What a relief. If they get tired, we leave and go back to the resort. I always hate to see people shoving tired, cranky kids around the park in strollers. That's not fun, it's torture.

j2k
07-25-2012, 09:51 PM
Honestly, since you said your boy's are troopers. I would scratch the idea of taking a stroller this time and just rent one if you see that you need it. If worse comes to worse you can always buy one at Wal-Mart. Or even two umbrella strollers (cheap), but I don't think you will need more then the parks have to offer. Unless you plan to hit the sights outside Disney (walls)..lol.. Even the malls have them to rent.. :mickey:

I agree, you can always rent one if needed. I'm taking a stroller for my DD5 when we go next month. I'm not sure how much she'll use it or whether it will be in the way. She likes to walk some too but I also know that it's going to be Hot and she'll likely tire out. We're staying at CSR and plan to take a midday break and then return to the parks in the evening so if we may only need it for part of the day and not in the evening.

disneynarula
07-26-2012, 06:51 AM
We usually don't do strollers once the kids hit age three. We make sure to take plenty of breaks so they their legs don't wear out. We always sit down for lunch and then an afternoon snack. We also take a break in the middle of the day for a swim at our resort.

Our DSs were four and six last time we went and they were fine without a stroller. I can;t tell you how nice it was to be stroller free! The boys have figured out by now that whining about walking is the same as asking to leave the parks.

We do do a lot of wallking everyday at home. (We live in Germany and it is very pedestrian friendly) You might want to take your children on a little walk every day to get them used to walking if it isn't something they do every day.