PDA

View Full Version : Astros trade again....

SandmanGStefani24
07-25-2012, 03:39 PM
:mad:

As a lifelong Houston Astros fan, I have been subject to untold amounts of heartache and disappointments. Even my mother, who watches absoultely zero sports can be quoted as saying, "Son, you're STILL with those guys? They disappoint you every year!"
Anyway woke up to news that they had traded away yet another player, in what almost seems daily news. You could field several all-star teams with the players they sold. Other than lining their pockets, can anyone explain why trading anyone who is the least bit good HELPS in ANY way? There is always the excuse of "this season is over and better start building for next year..." but I've heard that for years and years. They are never going to get anywhere trading away all good and even semi-good players.

Can anyone explain this to me? Am I missing something?

gerald72
07-25-2012, 06:03 PM
The management is taking the team in a new direction. They aren't going to be making the playoffs this year or anytime soon with the current roster, although there are a couple good players.
They are trading off a few older, higher-paid stars (while they still have value) for many younger, lower-paid prospects that will make them contenders hopefully next year.
Buy low/ Sell high.
The teams that are trading for the older stars have use for them this year, in hopes for the postseason.
Also, some of these older stars might become free-agents soon, and not return to thē Astros anyway. So it's better to trade them off and get something in return.

kakn7294
07-25-2012, 06:05 PM
I feel your pain. I've been a fan of the Pittsburgh Pirates my entire life, including the past 19 losing seasons. This year is like a dream come true. Hang in there!

barnaby
07-25-2012, 10:07 PM
New GM is trying to rebuild the farm system that Ed Wade ruined with trades and bad draft picks.

Ian
07-26-2012, 06:37 PM
New GM is trying to rebuild the farm system that Ed Wade ruined with trades and bad draft picks.Yes and we Phillies fans thank you tremendously for that lol

barnaby
07-26-2012, 10:08 PM
Yes and we Phillies fans thank you tremendously for that lol

Yeah, I think Wade was still on the Phils payroll while in Houston. :)

Ian
07-29-2012, 10:09 PM
Yeah, I think Wade was still on the Phils payroll while in Houston. :)He certainly is now ... that's not fishy is it? :thedolls:

SandmanGStefani24
08-01-2012, 01:27 PM
New GM is trying to rebuild the farm system that Ed Wade ruined with trades and bad draft picks.

I have been hearing that excuse for years in one version or another. You can't build anything if you keep giving people up the minute they show any talent. It kills me. And now they are going to the american league?? They lost a hundred games last year and wouldn't be surprised if they beat that next year at this rate. If they would just spend some of that money they are pocketing on a GREAT player they might win a game or two! I can vaguely remember a 2005 World Series, so it CAN be done!