PDA

View Full Version : Aug 4th-11th

Chase055
07-25-2012, 10:16 AM
Hey guys... I'm planning on a visit to disneyworld next month from the 4th-11th. The extended forecast shows it gonna rain everyday... Should I trust this? I have been to central Florida in the past during the month of Aug, but I have never seen it constantly rain through out the entire day. Should we just move the vacation to the week after? I would like to have at least some sunshine... Thanks guys...

mgmnut
07-25-2012, 10:46 AM
in FLA in the summer there is always a chance of daily passing thunderstorms. They are usually brief where you can find some cover and wait it out.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-25-2012, 10:52 AM
Never move a trip based on the weather, especially this far out. Things can (and will) change before then.

I have rarely seen full-days of rain in the summer, although it is possible, but you're much more likely to encounter rain each day, but just for part of the day.

riley1129
07-25-2012, 11:02 AM
There are always mid day showers in FL in the summer. The good part is, the showers are almost the same exact time everyday, around 2pm

Dopey's Girl
07-25-2012, 12:56 PM
Take the plug in zip codes with a grain of salt...they aren't generally very accurate.

Our very own Chris, aka Strmchsr has a thread at the top of this board where he updates weather daily (or near daily) that you should check. He's always way more accurate! He's not been wrong for me yet! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

faline
07-25-2012, 06:24 PM
The forecast for the Orlando area in the summer can easily be predicted. Every day you willl wake up and turn on the weather and it will say "thundershowers". This forecast does not mean it will ran exactly where you are but it does mean it will likely rain somewhere in the area. There are times when Epcot will be receiving soaking downpours while those in the Magic Kingdom are sweltering in sunshine and humidity. Rain during this time of year is a daily occurrence. Typically the showers can be intense (and contain possibly dangerous lightening) BUT they are usually short-lived and are gone as quickly as they arrive.

What you need to be on the lookout for are tropical storms and/or hurricanes which can deliver far more rain for prolonged periods of time. There is no way to predict such an occurrence this far ahead of your trip AND the chances of this are fairly slim.

Bring your ponchos. Be prepared to duck into a store or other structure for 20-30 minutes until a storm passes. But, most of all - enjoy your trip!

j2k
07-25-2012, 09:57 PM
Take the plug in zip codes with a grain of salt...they aren't generally very accurate.

Our very own Chris, aka Strmchsr has a thread at the top of this board where he updates weather daily (or near daily) that you should check. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'll be there part of the same time you will. I've been watching Chris' weather forecast thread and although it's the extended forecast and not as accurate, he currently is predicting afternoon showers daily, which is typical summertime weather. I live in South Louisiana and we've been having that everyday for the past few weeks. It doesn't usually rain all day but mid afternoon showers that last 30 minutes to an hour. Bring a poncho and have fun!