PDA

View Full Version : transportation to dinner and resort

Harkleroad
07-25-2012, 12:52 AM
I have a question about transportation during our upcoming Oct. trip. We will be going to MK and have a 6:50 ressie at Chef Mickey's that night. We typically drive but are considering using the busses this year. We have always driven because of the stroller, diaper bag, etc. etc. My question is what is the best way to go from the park, to dinner, to our resort AOA? This will be a night of MNSSHP so the monorail will stop running before we are done with our dinner. Do I take a bus to MK, monorail to Chef Mickey's? Will I be able to get back to AOA? Should I drive to MK and then get my car and drive to dinner? It just seems like alot of hassle when I can just take the monorail straight to dinner. I hope this makes sense. Thanks for your help.

faline
07-25-2012, 07:16 AM
We hardly ever use a car while at Disney. If you're going to be at the Magic Kingdom that day, you can walk to the Contemporary. Once you exit the park, just follow the walkway that runs alongside the monorail and you'll be at your destination is 10 to 15 minutes. Or, you could go from the Magic Kingdom to the Contemporary via monorail.

Since the party will be going on, you can walk back to the Magic Kingdom and take a bus to your resort from that loction. Another option - will any of the other parks be open late that evening? If Epcot or Disney Studios are still open, you can take a bus from the Contemporary to the open park and transfer to a bus for your resort at that location. Final option - bus to Downtown Disney and transfer busses there.

Disney Hungarian
07-25-2012, 07:32 AM
This will be a night of MNSSHP so the monorail will stop running before we are done with our dinner.
Last September I had an 8pm ADR at 'Ohana. I ate and enjoyed the MNSSHP fireworks from my table and when I left the Poly, the monorails were still running. I just hopped the monorail back to MK and caught a bus there.

VWL Mom
07-25-2012, 07:57 AM
Last year the resort line monorail did run until one hour after the end of MNSSHP. Haven't seen anything about this year yet though.

buzznwoodysmom
07-25-2012, 08:58 AM
If it were my family I'd bus to MK that day, take monorail to CR for dinner, then I'd take a cab back to our resort. I try to avoid having to take multiple modes of transportation to get to one destination. Usually if we can't take one direct route to where we are going we take a cab.

joonyer
07-25-2012, 11:11 AM
The Contemporary Hotel is only about a five minute walk from the MK entrance, and even closer to the MK bus stops. I'd just walk to Chef Mickey's (quicker than going by monorail) unless you want to ride the monorail just for fun, and then after dinner just walk to the MK bus stop (just across the street) and catch the bus back to your resort.

Harkleroad
07-25-2012, 03:43 PM
I appreciate all of the suggestions. We carry alot less with us now that our boys are 3 and 6 and don't need as much. So we are thinking we don't need the car. We have always driven and taken the monorail in and out. I didn't realize that the walk from MK to the Contemporary was so close and it would be so easy to get back to the bus stop. Thanks.