PDA

View Full Version : Gate Check Bags for Strollers

faberj
07-24-2012, 11:26 AM
Are they worth it?
I bought a City Mini stroller for our upcoming trip and wondering if I should use one of these bags to protect it if we are checking it at the gate.
Has anyone used these in the past and how well do they work??

DizneyRox
07-24-2012, 11:58 AM
I've always just checked a stroller at the gate. Never a problem... Seems like it would be a pain to package up a stroller and then unpack it, etc.

faberj
07-24-2012, 12:48 PM
I've always just checked a stroller at the gate. Never a problem... Seems like it would be a pain to package up a stroller and then unpack it, etc.

Where do they store it once you leave it at the gate??? I am assuming under the plane somewhere.

Madame Leona
07-24-2012, 12:49 PM
I always used them and I was actually thanked by the employees several times. They felt it was much easier to get several strollers down at one time with them. Mine allowed the strollers to be carried over the shoulder like carrying a backpack over one shoulder. I would also throw anything extra that I didn't need on the plane (Ex diapers, sweatshirts, etc) but would need after landing.

DizneyRox
07-24-2012, 01:47 PM
Where do they store it once you leave it at the gate??? I am assuming under the plane somewhere.
Yes, somewhere...

Gator
07-24-2012, 02:30 PM
Never heard of these. Are they for only the smaller strollers? If it kept the stroller from damage, that would be great. We got a double stroller wheel axel bent pretty bad on our last trip.

Disney Doll
07-26-2012, 12:19 PM
We always use one and they come back dirty a lot of times. I'm always glad it's the bag getting dirty and scuffed up not my stroller. I also think it makes the stroller easier to carry.