PDA

View Full Version : Give me best resort/room advice for this group please!

SuprDav
07-24-2012, 10:11 AM
We have made 3 trips including my wife, daughter and myself. That always meant one room with double beds at whatever resort we stayed at. Now for one last go around before my daughter graduates high school we are thinking of letting her bring a friend. So with 2 adults and 2 teenage girls, please give me some suggestions on room type. We are average people with average paychecks so cost is a major factor. Thanks! :number1:

faline
07-24-2012, 10:14 AM
When we were in a similar situation, we stayed in the cabins at Fort Wilderness. The girls took the pull down Murphy bed in the living area and we took the bed in the bedroom.

Also, look at the new family suites available from Art of Animaltion.

I'd suggest contacting Magical Journeys (no cost for their services) and they could help you determine which option might work best and stay within your budget.

Tygger7
07-24-2012, 11:12 AM
Also check out Port Orleans Riverside...the moderate resorts now have queen beds, and Riverside has just been refurbished. Definitely contact Magical Journeys...they are great at helping find the best deal!

Gator
07-24-2012, 02:22 PM
You could try renting points from a reputable DVC rental website. It would cost about as much as moderate, but you won't be able to take advantage of any of the often offered discounts. That way, you could get a studio or 1-bedroom suite for a really good price. The cheapest rooms for points are Old Key West and AKL-Villas.

steamboat willy
07-24-2012, 03:43 PM
Allstar Music also has Family Suites, just another idea. ALSO...send Magical Journey's an email, no obligations, Great Information and the best deals possible.

LVT
07-29-2012, 09:43 AM
The cheapest option I have found, if not sharing 4 to a room, is 2 rooms at a value with the AAA discount. We get the connecting rooms so we can communicate and plan while getting up or going to sleep. The travel agent gets us the AAA price and then replaces the reservation with any better Disney specials that come along. I has been cheaper than suites or upscale resorts with the queen sized beds. It is still expensive, but very comfortable, now that the sons are adults.

eandrsmom
07-29-2012, 09:52 AM
If you are driving, and have your own car for transportation, I'd recommend Wyndham Bonnet Creek. They do have park shuttles, but I hear that they are spotty at best. The resort is surrounded on three sides by Disney property. CBR is right next door. I was able to get a 2br/2ba with a full kitchen for $120 a night. I've rented directly from an owner twice, with no problems. If you're interested pm me, and I'll give you their website. They have a really nice pool. It isn't a Disney resort, but for us, we love the space and value. All Star vacation homes also rents Windsor HIlls, which I hear is nice and close to property. I haven't stayed there, but I'm going to drive there this trip to see how close they are to the parks. We may have to try staying there for a change.

Mom on a Mission
07-29-2012, 10:47 PM
I would highly recommend the FW Cabins, although we only stayed there with little kids. There is tons of space with a pull out and a full bedroom, and you get a full kitchen, a deck and a grill. Easy parking and it's super easy to get the boat to the MK/TTC. Good Luck!

Cinderelley
07-30-2012, 03:15 AM
If you don't want to do four to a room, you can do two connecting rooms at a resort. I like the Ft. Wilderness Cabins, but they are a bit pricey.

SuprDav
08-01-2012, 01:34 PM
I would highly recommend the FW Cabins, although we only stayed there with little kids. There is tons of space with a pull out and a full bedroom, and you get a full kitchen, a deck and a grill. Easy parking and it's super easy to get the boat to the MK/TTC. Good Luck!

That is something I have given alot of thought. The drawback is the one bath.

KAT1811
08-01-2012, 05:12 PM
We love Coronado Springs. Gives a bit of privacy with the closing pocket doors in the bathroom areas. 4 "adults" in a room is tough no matter where you stay. The cabins are nice but it does have the bathroom issue like someone else pointed out. You could always do 2 rooms at a value but personally I would prefer to do 1 room at a moderate. Good luck!

emerzmom
08-01-2012, 05:42 PM
I can see how it might be uncomfortable (in many aspects) to have 2 teenage girls (one not your daughter) all sharing a room. Gator mentioned renting DVC points. If you want to stay on property and get something reasonable I think that would be your best $ bet.
Enjoy!
:tink:
Julie

Katzateer
08-02-2012, 12:32 PM
We have gotten 2 connecting rooms at a value, when they have discount rates. I prefer POP but we have stayed at other values. Two connecting rooms at a discount have run us about $150, including taxes,etc. The last time I reserved the rooms six months in advance while staying at POP. If you book a future trip while staying there and plan to go off season, you can get a great deal.

The girls love having their own room and bathroom.

SuprDav
08-06-2012, 10:34 AM
Thanks everyone for some really good info! :number1:

Tigerinvestigator
08-06-2012, 11:04 AM
Try the Swan/Dolphin suites. At times with a AAA discount, Teacher/Nurse/Gov't discount, or specials that they run, they are cheaper than the moderate resorts.:thumbsup: