PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast

sainter
07-24-2012, 02:24 AM
We have had breakfast at the Wave in the Contemporary and really enjoyed the food. Especially liked that you could order a meal OR the buffet.
Besides character buffets, where do you like to go to fuel up for a day at the parks?

sorcerer fan
07-24-2012, 08:30 AM
If charactors aren't a factor try either whispering canyon at WL or trails end in the campground

faline
07-24-2012, 08:48 AM
We typically eat breakfast in our room but some of our favorite spots include:

Kona Cafe
Main Street Bakery
Grand Floridian Cafe

AgentC
07-24-2012, 09:59 AM
Most of the time we only do a sit down breakfast if we do a character meal. We have occasionally done breakfast in our resort's food court if they have Mickey Waffles.

At MK we usually do the Main Street Bakery. AT Hollywood Studios, we go to Starring Rolls. We don't tend to do to do breakfast at Epcot since we prefer the food in the World Showcase and it is not open early enough for breakfast.

disneyduggan
07-24-2012, 10:04 AM
Depending on the plan for the day, sometimes it makes the most sense to fuel up in the room.

steamboat willy
07-24-2012, 10:08 AM
DW and I split a breakfast platter at Allstar Music :drummer: Foodcourt or I get an everything bagel with cream cheese and orange marmalade. Yum Yum :eat:

WRWDisney
07-24-2012, 10:20 AM
We have had breakfast at the Wave in the Contemporary and really enjoyed the food. Especially liked that you could order a meal OR the buffet.
Besides character buffets, where do you like to go to fuel up for a day at the parks?

PORFQ food court. Beignets and a cup of coffee. A basket of 6 and two coffees is cheap, an oh do good.

PlutoPlanet
07-24-2012, 12:05 PM
Boma has a good breakfast. No characters, but a very good buffet selection. It is hard to get to Animal Kingdom Lodge in the morning unless you stay there or have a car.

#1donaldfan
07-24-2012, 12:30 PM
Boma has a great breakfast !!! You don't have to stay there to get in without reservations. We happened to be staying there and had breakfast on our last day, a Friday.....there were tons of empty tables and we went in there about 9 AM !! :cool:

sainter
07-25-2012, 05:12 PM
Good suggestions! Thanks!
I miss sweet potato pancakes at Boatwrights!

VWL Mom
07-25-2012, 06:22 PM

I never realized they were open for breakfast. Just checked out their menu and may have to try it in August, thanks!

MinnieMommie
07-25-2012, 10:20 PM
We totally love the breakfast at the Wave! I especially like the buffet. It is delish! The sweet potato pancakes and the eggs benedict with key lime hollandaise sauce are to die for. Almost everything you can order from the menu is included in the buffet. The Wave is now my favorite for breakfast. Other places we like for breakfast are Kona and Main St Bakery. :mickey:

darthmacho
07-26-2012, 08:46 AM
Unless I have a character breakfast planned, we usually stick to the home resort's quick service offerings.

On our 1999, we actually had a "free breakfast" offer, so we were eating breakfast in a variety of places, my favorite being Garden Grill. Unfortunately, they don't serve breakfast any more.

Hull-onian
07-26-2012, 09:32 AM
You need to make ressies at the RFC in Animal Kingdom. Hands down, bar none, RFC has the best coffee, juices, and main course breakfasts. It's great. I am so looking forward to going. The turnstyles for Animal Kingdom are right outside of the gift shop to the left. Upon entering Animal Kingdom, there are no and I repeat no crowds or waiting to enter the park, it's a beautiful thing. We are going there on a Tuesday, so we should have no problems, and Florida's schools are back in session. Can't wait.......:mickey:

DisneyDawgette
07-26-2012, 09:52 AM
We like to start our day off with Winnie the Pooh and friends at Crystal Palace! And if you've booked far enough in advance, Cinderella's Royal Table is definitely worth doing once! The stuffed French toast is delicious! :)

I'm a sucker for character meals. :)

KarenP
07-26-2012, 04:05 PM
Grand Floridian Cafe is my favorite for breakfast. I love their eggs benedict!

mdricks
07-26-2012, 04:22 PM
Crystal Palace before the park opens. I always get the same comment when i get home....

"Dude? How do you always get a picture in front of the castle without a bunch of tourists?":D

:number1:

ElenitaB
07-26-2012, 06:21 PM
Are those the lobster eggs benedict?

I've come to appreciate breakfast from Kouzzina at the Boardwalk. Lots of good stuff on the menu (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/Media/InternetMediaType/Dining/Kouzzina/kouzzina-menu-breakfast.pdf).

faline
07-26-2012, 06:47 PM

Excellent choice!!!

#1donaldfan
07-27-2012, 12:01 PM
Good suggestions! Thanks!
I miss sweet potato pancakes at Boatwrights!

ME TOO !!!! Boatwrights was the best breakfast place on the PLANET !!!! Sad to see 'em stop ..... the Wave has the sweet potato pancakes and they are GOOD !!!! :mickey:

KarenP
07-27-2012, 12:27 PM
[QUOTE=ElenitaB;2286065]Are those the lobster eggs benedict?

I have only had the regular eggs benedict. I have not tried it with lobster.