PDA

View Full Version : Car rental deals???

faberj
07-23-2012, 10:03 PM
I thought there would be deals for fall rentals but I am not finding anything :confused:

Any tips or suggestions?

epceddie
07-23-2012, 10:50 PM
Are you a member of any of the clubs? I like to use the Emerald Club for National and Dollar Express.
They're free to join on the agency's website and I've gotten some great deals using them. Avis, Budget, and Herttz also have them, but I've gotten the best deals with National and Dollar. Hope this helps.

natstroop
07-23-2012, 11:10 PM
I just sent you a pm about a couple websites to check. :mickey:

faline
07-24-2012, 08:04 AM
Car rental prices, particularly in Orlando, are pretty outrageous. I used to be able to get a pretty good deal but haven't really seen anything of late - even for compact cars.

Tabi550
07-26-2012, 08:29 AM
Hey Faber, check travelocity.com and check it every day. we are going Aug 27-Sept 4/2012 and when I looked it was going to cost me $387.00 for a full size for the entire length of our stay, I kept checking every day and I still look but I have a reservation for a full size car for the awesome price of 187.00 for our whole stay. It does not cost anything to reserve the car and if you find a better deal the next day reserve it and cancel the previous one.

Good Luck :thumbsup:

Princess'Mom
07-26-2012, 09:27 AM
When I booked my flight with Jet Blue, the airline had a link to Hertz. The prices of the rentals were better than my AAA discount. Keep checking and check often. You can get a few good deals out there.

mrte62
07-29-2012, 08:50 PM
I thought there would be deals for fall rentals but I am not finding anything :confused:

Any tips or suggestions?

Make a reservation now and keep checking for better deals. We did this for our trip at the end of October of this year, just like we did last year.

10 days prior to leaving, we were able to rent a Jeep Liberty for $121 unlimited mileage two drivers 7 days with Budget.

Prior to that we held a reservations for $275 with Dollar for a mid-size car.

MargaretMessler
07-30-2012, 09:08 PM
If you belong to any wholesale clubs (BJs, Costco, etc.) check what kind of discounts you are eligible for through those memberships. As I have been pricing things in advance of next year's trips, I am finding awesome rental deals through BJs. Like just over $100 for a week's rental of a mid size, Budget at the airport.

frozman
07-31-2012, 12:30 AM
I got a few things to consider:
Let me start by adding to what the person above me just said (about BJ's/Costco). You may have access to some great discounts and not even know it. Your employer, your airline, your car insurance company, your wholesale club membership, the list goes on and on.
This past week I was doing a move and needed to rent a moving truck. I had to do some things on my insurance companies website and noticed they offered deals on Enterprise, Budget, Avis and Hertz rental cars, and since Budget has a moving truck division, I was able to knock off 25% of the rental cost, and this was something I just happened upon by chance.

Another thing to consider, try booking it when you book a hotel or airline ticket. I booked a flight+hotel trip to California last year on priceline and the cost for the hotel alone would have been $1100, but the flight+hotel package was $917 total. It works with cars too. When someone can hide the costs of what you're really paying into the price of a package, you can get great deals by not knowing what you are paying. Sure, I have no idea what I really paid for my hotel by itself or my airfare by itself, but the hotel was $1100 by itself, the airfare was $350 by itself, so I'm not complaining.

My final bit of advice... if all you are checking are the prices at Orlando International, try checking at neighborhood car rental locations. I have noticed that Disney's car care center is often less than the prices at the airport. You could probably get an even better deal if you check rental offices in random locations throughout the orlando area. Enterprise has LOTS of stand alone locations here (as they do everywhere), however, many hotels have rental car counters (open to everyone), and if you find a Sears auto care center nearby, they should have an Avis.
Only thing about that though is you have to find a way to get there :)

Crow
08-02-2012, 04:01 PM
last trip i found some tips on another site and checked them out. Best deal was Alamo using a Visa card. looks like thats my best bet again. in 3 wks ill b there and a rental car from the airport for 8 days economy will run $168. depends on sie and all. having it over a sat nite and for a wk sometimes gets u better rates also. look for last min deals.

VWL Mom
08-02-2012, 04:11 PM
Are there manned tollbooths between MCO and WDW? The reason I ask is I keep seeing the per day add-ons for Sunpass with the rentals, ranging from $2 to $7.95 per day.

I know NJ has switched many lanes over to EZPass but still has at least 1 cash booth, is it the same in FL?

To the OP, keep checking back. Right now most offers are good until Sept 15, new ones for fall should be popping up by the end of the month.

Crow
08-02-2012, 08:51 PM
yes there are manned toll booths. had to pay on last trip at them. i know NJ has a lot of unmanned ones, too bad my pass for NJ PA wont work in Fl.

gigi
08-04-2012, 11:25 AM
My suggestion is to keep checking deals online. When I started planning our trip car prices for the week were over $400. We just booked full size car for 9 days in August for $200 including taxes. Good luck:mickey:

mrte62
09-02-2012, 03:21 PM
Just got finished booking our SUV for 10/27 - 11/3/12 with Budget.

8 days, unlimited mileage, Ford Escape or similar (last year it was a Jeep Liberty). $204.50 taxes and all fees included.

A week ago it was over $400. Keep looking. :mickey:

MargaretMessler
09-02-2012, 03:29 PM

8 days, unlimited mileage, Ford Escape or similar (last year it was a Jeep Liberty). $204.50 taxes and all fees included.

I also was able to snag that kind of sweet deal with Budget a few years ago on a Ford Escape - which was nice because I was considering buying one at the time so I could "test drive" for a week. I used the location at one of the hotels near DTD, was way cheaper. FWIW.

VWL Mom
09-02-2012, 04:05 PM

Thank you so much for posting, just jumped on the same deal for 11/3-11/9.

faberj
09-02-2012, 04:27 PM

What special code did you use to get that rate?? I just tried and it was way more then that.

VWL Mom
09-02-2012, 04:31 PM
On the Budget home page there is a blue block that says $22 weekend day intermediate SUV...then learn more...when you click on learn more there's an option for $139/week book now

mrte62
09-02-2012, 04:54 PM
That would be the way I booked as well. I couldn't find any other copes or coupons that would bring the price down even more.

Good luck and book now.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-02-2012, 10:32 PM

I'm still not 100% positive that I'm going in Oct but I too jumped on this deal! Now I just have to get the airfare at a reasonable price!