PDA

View Full Version : Pirate Rooms at CBR

FatherForce
07-23-2012, 07:49 PM
We'll be staying at CBR in a preferred room. Can you request a Pirate room, or are they just random. If you can request them, are they an additional charge? I think that's all my ?s for today.

Pirate Granny
07-23-2012, 08:19 PM
I believe those are a separate request. Preferred is close to the main bldg. and the pirate rooms are not close, although I do like the separate island they are at, can't remember the name. it has it's own bus stop, nice quiet pool and playground on the beach (no swimming in that water though)!

buzznwoodysmom
07-23-2012, 08:20 PM
The preferred rooms and pirate rooms are totally different, "bookable" catagories. If you booked a preferred room you will not be placed in a pirate room as those are a different catagory that you have to book. To get a pirate room you have to book it, it's not something you can request.

The preferred rooms are rooms located in the 6 buildings closest to the main pool/food court area. The pirate rooms are located in the 3 farthest buildings from the main pool/food court area.

I have heard of people being "upgraded" to a pirate room, but I doubt they'd do that to a guest who has booked a preferred room. If I'm remembering correctly the pirate rooms do cost more than the standard rooms, maybe $25 more a night????? I think they are the same price as a preferred room.

If you are interested in a pirate room and don't mind being far from the food court and main pool then you should call back as ask to change your reservation from a preferred room to a pirate room.

FatherForce
07-24-2012, 09:08 AM
We'd much prefer to be close, so I'll put the Pirate thing out of my mind.
Thanks.

MrPeetrie
07-24-2012, 09:34 AM
Pirate-themed rooms are in S. Trinidad, which is in an area isolated from rest of resort. It is beautiful and peaceful, but can be a bit challenging. We were In fartherest building from food court. Walk was fairly long, especially when stopping at convenience store after a full day at parks.

Morning bus rides can be a bit challenging, as well, especially during peak hours. Because there are several stops at that resort, it was not uncommon for the bus to be already filled when it would arrive at our stop, letting very few on. In fact, sometimes the bus wouldn't stop at all. During our 10-day stay, there was a CM at our stop every morning, monitoring buses. On one morning, a Magic Kingdom bus hadn't arrived after a 35-minute wait. We could see buses bypassing our stop and heading straight over the bridge and out of the resort. Finally, the CM called for a dedicated bus just for our stop that took us - and only us at our bus stop - to the Magic Kingdom.

Rooms were very nice, though, but for us with two kids, not worth the added expense.