PDA

View Full Version : Using TS as a CS?

arielshouse
07-23-2012, 12:34 PM
I haven't been able to find the answer to this and I can't remember from previous trips on doing this! So my question is if you end up using a TS as a CS do you get anything extra from doing it? I know a while back if you did this you got 2 CS out of it! But I know they changed this! I just can't remember if you get anything extra!:blush:

Strmchsr
07-23-2012, 01:05 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but I seem to remember they recently stopped allowing this switch. If you use a TS as a CS place it just counts as a CS. Nothing extra.

Pooh Fan
07-23-2012, 01:15 PM
My experience on this may be a bit outdated but in 2006 DW and I were there during free dining and they were very publically acknowledging that there were not enough TS spaces during the week we were there to accomodate the number of guests on the dining plan. Keep in mind this was pre-Quick Service plan so everyone there for free dining had TS credits. If I recall correctly, they were offereing a counter service credit+2 snack credits + a collectors pin in exchange for a TS credit at that time. I'm sure there are folks here with much more recent experiances than this. Fortunatley (thanks to reading posts on intercot) I knew enough to make ADR's well in advance and we were all set for the week!

disneynarula
07-23-2012, 04:30 PM
We were there in 2006 as well. This was when free dining was rare and it drew in huge crowds. Like the previos poster said... there were just not enough tables to go around. I think they were even booking lunches at places that are normally closed at lunch time. At the time we were there they were offering to trade two CS for one TS. Even the CS places were crazy.

I know that there also used to be a lot of "double dipping" with ADRS before the more popular places starting taking CC numbers to hold your spot. I am sure this makes more tables available now.

We managed to get ADRs for all our nights there and found some very nice hidden treasures of Disney Dining.

I can't imagine them doing this again. You can trade a TS for a CS but you don't get comped anything for it.

I am hoping the free dining promotion does not effect crowds for our October trip. We have all our ADRS in place but I like to hope we could change our minds if we want too.

#1donaldfan
07-24-2012, 12:44 PM
If you use a TS credit for a CS meal, you only get what the CS offers....entree, drink and dessert......if you use a CS for a snack you get three snacks, eg: muffin, fruit and a drink. We did this a couple of weeks ago, albeit, not all CM's are the same so you may get a better deal, or not such a good one !! :mickey: