PDA

View Full Version : Week before Thanksgiving crowds?

Basket Mommy
07-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Trying to plan our next trip to WDW - looking at the week before Thanksgiving, specifically Thurs, Nov 15 - Tues, Nov 20 (T'giving is the 22nd). How are crowds the week right before the holiday? I've been down the week after T'giving and it was more crowded than I'm used to, but still manageable. Just wondering about before.

Thanks!

faline
07-23-2012, 12:14 PM
Probably not bad at the beginning of your trip but increasing quite a lot at the end as the folks begin to arrive for the Thanksgiving holiday.

Disnamic Duo
07-23-2012, 01:59 PM
We normally go the full week before Thanksgiving week begins. It's a great time to go. We usually see a big increase in crowds the Friday before Thanksgiving weeks starts (our last day). In your case, I'd expect to see a noticeable increase in crowds on Friday Nov 16.

BelleBeauty
07-29-2012, 12:29 PM
We went that exact time frame this past year. I think it is a great time to go. The holiday decorations are up and some of the special shows have started, but the crowds tend to be good. We came in Thursday before Thanksgiving and until that Sunday crowds were good. After Sunday some of the parks were crowded during the day, especially DHS which seems to just collect people in all of its streets and corners. However, the day before Thanksgiving was our last day and we went to MK and managed to ride every major ride in the park except HM before leaving at 12pm. Definitely a great week!