PDA

View Full Version : Hoping this week is better!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-22-2012, 09:01 PM
Last week was a really lousy week for me and most everyone around me so I'm really hoping this week is better. I went to court with my sister on Tuesday for her divorce. She fired her lawyer so went in without representation. Waiting to hear what the judge decides. Then I get into my part time job and my co-worker's father in law died an hour earlier. Granted he was 95 but death is never easy.

Then I get into work at the full time job the next morning only to find out that one of our Chef Managers was in a really bad motorcycle accident the night before and is in critical condition. She has a broken back, pelvis and had facial reconstruction that same night. She also has head trauma and is in a medically induced coma. They said she might stand a chance IF she makes it through the first week. I'll find out tomorrow what's going on with her.

The only good thing that happened was that we were told my 9 year old nephew was going to have to go in the hospital for three weeks, but we found out he should be able to start treatment at home. He has a rare condition called Diamond Blackfan anemia. It's basically bone marrow failure. His bone marrow doesn't produce enough red blood cells to sustain him so he's transfusion dependent. And that causes iron overload which is extremely dangerous. So giving blood is extremely important to him and others like him. So if you can, please donate blood to save him and others like him. There is a critical shortage of blood right now. Please help.

And if you can keep him and my co-worker in your thoughts and prayers, you guys have all shown that your combined efforts to help others either through prayers and/or pixie dust are powerful!

VWL Mom
07-22-2012, 09:10 PM
Lousy is putting it mildly! I hope you and everyone around you have a brighter week ahead. Prayers and pixie dust coming your way.
:pixie::pixie::pixie:

Pirate Granny
07-22-2012, 09:51 PM
Prayers, and tomorrow will be brighter!

Kairi_7378
07-22-2012, 11:12 PM
Praying that you have a better week and that everything goes as best as it can in the coming weeks.

Dopey's Girl
07-22-2012, 11:37 PM
Wow. That was a bad week. Pixie dust for better days ahead!

BriarRose0708
07-23-2012, 07:37 AM
In the words of my favorite literary heroine, Anne Shirley, "tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it." Here's hoping today is the start of a great week for you!

laprana
07-23-2012, 10:21 AM
Wow! I'm sorry you had such a tough week! Why does it always seem to happen all at once? Sending lots of :pixie::pixie:and good thoughts to you all for things to look up this week! :hug:

Wolf
07-23-2012, 10:35 AM
Theres a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every insanely awful week!! Praying for you!! :)

SBETigg
07-23-2012, 11:29 AM
Prayers and good thoughts and pixie dust coming your way. So sorry for all the stress and bad news. I hope things work out well for your sister, too. You've all been in my thoughts.

And nice reminder to give blood. I do this with my sister every now and then, a tradition we started when my dad was in the hospital with similar injuries to your coworker, also a motorcycle accident. Some of the injuries left permanent damage, but nothing major. We're lucky to have him. It was a scary time for us.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-23-2012, 06:39 PM
And it looks like this week isn't getting any better. The woman they hired to help ME, that they brought in and are paying a lot more than me, that they gave her own office to, you know because she's handling confidential issues (the same thing I've been doing for SIX years), I've now been told I report to HER!! She works 7 hours a day if we are lucky. I haven't figured out what exactly she's doing because my work load hasn't exactly been lightened any. But yeah, strike three. I really am tired of being treated like garbage. I really hope the economy turns quickly so I can go somewhere that appreciates me!! And I'm no longer going to stay late or take stuff home. If it doesn't get done, it doesn't get done!

But on a good note, I guess the co-worker that was in the accident opened her eyes today. But she still doesn't appear to have any feeling in her right leg. They had to do facial reconstruction with titanium plates (?) in her face. But she's hanging in there so I have great hopes for her.

And if I put things in perspective, compared to her, my problems are small. I'll get through them. So please keep her in your thoughts.

Thanks everyone!

TinkerbellT421
07-23-2012, 07:34 PM
Awful week is putting it mildly!!! I'm so sorry you are going through all of this! sending prayers and pixie dust your way for this all to get better!!!

emerzmom
07-23-2012, 09:14 PM
Prayers and pixie dust.
:tink:
Julie

crazypoohbear
07-24-2012, 09:01 PM
Well, at least you were able to get my son the raise he was promised 3 months ago! So at least someone is listening to you at some time. Hopefully things turn around this week!

TheVBs
07-25-2012, 08:35 AM
Oh man. :( I'm so sorry about all you're dealing with. I really hope some positive things start coming your way!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-27-2012, 11:50 PM
Well, at least you were able to get my son the raise he was promised 3 months ago! So at least someone is listening to you at some time. Hopefully things turn around this week!
Yeah, well, I STILL don't have the paperwork on that either! ggggrrrrr!